Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Running Update

I'm about to start week 6 of my 5k running training. On my group run last week, I had my first great run since I started back. I'm running my first couple of intervals extremely slow, but by the 3rd or 4th interval, I was moving a pretty good pace. I didn't have my Garmin with me last week, so I don't know how much faster I was moving, but I felt like I had upped my pace a good bit. I'll have my watch with me this week, so I can track my pace as we run/walk each interval.

I'm also going back on my lower carb diet in the next couple of weeks. I'll be going to the CMA Festival in Nashville next weekend, so know I won't really be able to each right most of the weekend. Plan is to get back on track with my eating after CMAs. I figure the combination of eating better and increased run time will help me lose some of the weight I've put back on this Spring.

No comments: