Thursday, November 05, 2009

Mouse in my House

When I got home from work yesterday, I turned on the kitchen light only to discover a mouse in my floor. He/she was moving kind of slow, but did in fact go under my refrigerator. Of course, at this point I wanted to be anywhere else but in my apartment. I tried to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible, but still had to fix my dinner before going to my Financial Peace class. I managed to re-heat my meal faster than ever and was out of the kitchen as quickly as possible. I didn't see the little guy again, but did make a call to the office to make sure they knew I wanted my new "roommate" removed as fast as possible. Of course, since I have no idea where it went, meant that I could only be in my kitchen for a short period of time this morning before work.

I really think I would be much better about mice had my little brother not brought a dead mouse into our living room to show off what he found(I think he was about 4, so I was about 8). Every since then, I pretty much want to be up on furniture as soon as I see a mouse. Luckily, I haven't seen the little guy again and someone from maintenance will be there today to hopefully remove it from my home. Not sure how well I will sleep until I know the critter is out of my house.

In book news, I finished Bite Me! by Melissa Francis the other night and should have my thoughts up about it hopefully tonight(you know if I'm not still traumatized by a mouse). I will say I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more books in this series. (**Disclaimer** I bought this book myself)

No comments: