Thursday, November 19, 2009

Faerie Fate


Faerie Fate is the debut novel by Silver James. I had Silver email me the back cover blurb, which can also be found on her upcoming releases page on her website www.silverjames.com.







If you could go back, do it over again, would you take a chance to find true love? What if you had no choice?

On her fiftieth birthday, the faerie send Rebecca Miller a thousand years into the past to find her happily ever after with Ciaran MacDermot, Chief of Clann MacDermot, the last Fenian warrior in his line. In the twenty-first century, Becca is old enough to be Ciaran’s mother. In the tenth, she’s young enough to be his bride.

The fae forgot to mention one slight stipulation. The lovers must be bound before the Festival of Light, or Becca will forever disappear into Tir Nan Óg , the faerie Land of the Ever Young. Will they discover the binding words before time runs out and they’re torn apart forever? Or will their eternal love defeat their Faerie Fate?

When Becca goes to bed on her fiftieth birthday, she wakes up in a different century and twenty-five years younger. Ciaran and Becca share a link to each other where they can feel each other’s pain and location, so Ciaran knows where to find Becca. Ciaran must seek help from Niall and his wife Siobhan to help heal Becca, who they find close to death. Neither Becca or Ciaran realize why they are connected or they must be bound before the Festival of Light.

I loved Faerie Fate! I pretty much bumped every book in my TBR pile to read Faerie Fate first. I was lucky enough to win an ARC from Silver’s blog and I’m so glad I got to read this book early. I loved the main characters Becca and Ciaran, and the supporting characters of Niall, Siobhan and Riordan just as much. I especially love Riordan and can't wait to read more about him in his book Faerie Fool. Silver gives the reader very strong characters and a strong story filled with the fae, a touch of mystery and a bit of time travel.

Faerie Fate currently has a release date of April 9, 2010, and I can't wait for the next two books in theTir Nan Óg trilogy, which are Faerie Fire and Faerie Fool.

***Disclaimer*** I won this ARC on Silver's blog, but will be purchasing my own copy in April.

1 comment:

Silver James said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Liza. I'm happy dancing over here!