Monday, December 11, 2017

NO PLACE LIKE YOU (CLOUD BAY #3)

Home--in the island village of Cloud Bay--is where the heart is. . .

Leah Santelli always knew that Zach Harper, son of a rock legend and her best friend's brother, was painfully out of reach. Then, on the night of her eighteenth birthday, Leah shocked herself by asking for--and receiving--the gift she wanted: one night of passion with Zach before he left town to pursue his rock star dreams. Now, years later, Zach is back in Cloud Bay to record his first solo album. His return could also be Leah's big chance to step up her own music career. But getting the producing credit she needs means spending long hours with Zach in the recording studio...and falling back into the habit of longing for him, for better or worse.

Zach used to believe that a man must put his past behind him. But coming back home for Cloud Bay's famed music festival has allowed him to finally make amends with his family and, much to his surprise, reunite with Leah. He might have left her once but now it seems he can't stay away. Trouble is, even though the heat between them burns hotter than ever, Leah has old wounds in need of healing before she can give Zach a real chance. Can he find a way to convince her that they can make more than just great music together--and that she's the one that he wants for all time?

Release Date: December 5, 2017
St. Martin's Press
Cloud Bay #3
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I've wanted Zach's story from the very beginning, but knew we would have to wait a bit for him to be ready for more than the road. I absolutely adored Zach and Leah's story from the moment I started reading it.

First I love that Zach and Leah had been together on Leah's 18th birthday and kept it a secret from everyone. The fact that Leah and Faith, one of Zach's sister are best friends, makes it pretty amazing that no one ever knew about their one night together. I loved that Zach and Leah still had something between them years later. It started out with a bit of a slow build initially to their attraction, but there was something between them that grabbed me. I have to say I didn't love that Leah wanted to keep their relationship a secret, but knowing Zach was leaving eventually, I understood her reasoning. 

I really felt like Zach and Leah both pretty much got each other when it came to music and the more time they spent together, they clicked as a couple. I loved they had pretty hot chemistry, but honestly my favorite thing was Zach making such a big deal about Leah's birthday. I seriously pretty much fell in love with him then. Not that Zach still didn't make huge mistakes when it came to Leah and his career choices, but he also fixed those mistakes in a big way.

No Place Like You was a great addition to the Cloud Bay series. I've loved seeing the Harper kids find their happily every afters. I know it was originally set to be just a trilogy, but with the huge bombshell that was revealed at the end of the book, I'm so hoping we will get to revisit Cloud Bay in the future. 


Rating: 5 Stars (A)



No comments: