Monday, August 17, 2015

HARD CHARGER (FLASH BANG #2)

Lia has known true darkness—and not just because of the power grid failure nine months ago. She has faced evil and emerged a survivor. Now if she could just make the two men she wants see her as whole and not broken … maybe she’d have a chance at the future she’s determined to claim.

Cam and Travis have been brothers-in-arms since their days as Force Recon Marines, and there’s nothing Cam wouldn’t do for his best friend—except let him have the woman Cam’s been patiently waiting for. But when Lia shocks him by saying she wants them both, he has the decision of a lifetime to make. Lose the girl, or lose his best friend.

In a world where nothing is certain, can three people find their way to love?

*Warning: This book includes two sexy as hell Marines, one strong woman determined to have them both, and a whole lot of sex—the dirty kind. Proceed at your own risk.

Note: HARD CHARGER is a novella set in the FLASH BANG world.

Hard Charger
Flash Bang #2
Publisher Meghan March, LLC
Release Date: August 6, 2015
Review copy provided by the publisher

Nikki's Review:

I stumbled upon Meghan March a while back when another author shared a link to one of her books on social media. I read the blurb about the book and was immediately excited! So I one-clicked that baby! I love post apocalyptic stories, and throw in some delicious erotic romps...hell ya! So I was immensely excited when the second book in that series came out! However, when I opened the ebook, I quickly discovered that it was a novella, not a full-length book. I'm ok with novellas when the story warrants it. The heroine in this book deserved and had "earned" a full-length novel. The writing was fabulous and the story was completely enjoyable. I just wanted so much more detail and time with this story.

Lia has been suffered at the hands of cruel men who treated her like a punching bag and used her body to slack their needs whenever they saw fit. She was brutalized and chained up, literally, like a rabid animal. I knew at the end of book one that she needed a book of her own. I was looking forward to "watching" this poor soul find her way out of the darkness. I didn't get that journey. It all happened at warp speed. The very beginning of the book, a few pages at most, touch on her pain and horror, but then we jump many months and she's ready to shack up with two dudes.  I would have been all over that if I'd had a glimpse at her struggles and triumphs in the previous months.

What I was able to connect with regarding the heroes, Cam and Travis, I adored! They were possessive without being creepy, and so tender with Lia. She believes them to be her saviours. The reason she feels safe. Again, I would have loved more detail about them becoming friends and Lia finding the strength to trust them.


I'm not sure why Ms. March decided on a novella for Lia, I truly think that it would have been such a beautiful journey. Like I said, the writing was great! And I am anxiously awaiting (and hoping for a full length book ) the next book in this series! I adore the concept of this series and the telling of it, I just need a bit more girth...wink wink!

No comments: