Tuesday, April 25, 2023

JUST ONE FLING (THE KINGSTON FAMILY #9)


It was just supposed to be a fling.
Now she’s having his baby.
Winter Capwell knows all about billionaire Harrison Dare’s bad-boy reputation. His all-pleasure, no-commitment rule worked well for her, too. Until fate changed everything.
Harrison Dare never wanted a wife or kids. His incredibly large family provides all the siblings and children he needs. Besides, no woman has ever tempted him to give up his bachelor lifestyle.
Until the mysterious and sexy Winter entered his life.
But when someone comes after the woman he loves, he will stop at nothing to protect her and make her his. For good.


Release Date: April 18, 2023
CP Publishing
The Kingston Family #9
Contemporary romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Just One Fling is the latest book in the Kingston Family/Dirty Dare series of books by Carly Phillips, and we finally get to learn what makes Harrison Dare tick. I have to say I knew he needed a special heroine, and Winter Capwell fits the bill perfectly. I absolutely loved this book with my whole heart!!!

Harrison Dare has always seemed a bit mysterious to me for some reason. Maybe because he is an actor, so I was really excited to get his book. We met Winter Capwell in Just One Taste, and I liked her from the very beginning. I liked that even though she was a journalist, she put those she considered her friends above the job. There were sparks around when Harrison and Winter were near each other, and it was pretty obvious that their mutual attraction had been acted upon in the past. When Winter finds out she is pregnant, she has real concern about how Harrison will take the news as he has always said in interviews, he never wants children and isn't looking for a long-term relationship.

I loved that Harrison pretty much had a WTF moment when he first finds out that Winter is pregnant, but quickly realizes he needs to pull his head out of his butt and make it right with Winter. While it appears that he is doing many things because Winter is pregnant with his child, I felt the genuine feelings from both characters pretty much from the very beginning. Harrison like any of the other Dare men is super protective of Winter and their baby early on. The fact that she has a stalker who is threatening both Winter's life and the life of their baby gave them the chance to spend more time together. I loved that they had incredible chemistry from the very beginning, and the more time they spent together the stronger their connection became. I also loved the fact the Dare family accepted Winter from the moment they all met her. The Dare family is super special, and I love spending time with this crazy huge family. The reveal of the stalker should have been something I saw coming, but it kept me guessing right up to the reveal. 


Just One Fling was absolutely perfection in my opinion! It was an emotional roller coaster ride, and I loved every moment. Up next is Zach's book, and I'm counting down the days for his story, even as I know it will be the last book in the current Kingston/Dare series. Ms. Phillips gave her readers what I believe is one of her best books ever in Just One Fling. I highly recommend this book to romance fans everywhere! 

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Audio Coming June 15th
Narrated by Jason Clarke and Samantha Cook
Amz Audio: https://www.carlyphillips.com/JOFAmzAudio

No comments: