Thursday, January 27, 2022

MESSING WITH THE BARTENDER (MAID IN MIAMI #3)


Messing With The Bartender: Maid In Miami Book 3


When this single dad needs a wife to impress the Harvard of preschools…his first thought is to enlist the one person he knows can’t say no to him.


Alec: Ever since my world fell apart and I lost my beloved wife, my only priority is my three-year-old son. Before she died, I promised her I’d get our son into a super elite private preschool…I just didn’t know when I made that promise that I’d have to prove I’m married. I never planned to do that again, but if I have to, I will. The only option is trouble…bubbly, flirtatious Bianca Lopez who frequents my bar with her posse of friends. When I hit her with this crazy idea, she’s all in, thanks to her crush on me. Forget preschool. The one who’s learning that fake can be real is me…and I’m wondering if I can I open my heart to love again.


Bianca: It’s absolutely no secret that I’ve crushed on Alec The Hot Bartender for the better part of two years now. I’m not the type of person to be, well, subtle. But, despite all of my obvious advances, he seems to be pretty persistent in his avoidance of me. Until one night, when I find out he’s a widowed father to a sweet little boy, and he asks me to pretend to be his wife to get that boy into some bougie preschool. Kids are so not my thing…but Alec is. How can I say no? The only problem is this whole fake marriage is making me fall harder for him…and his adorable son. I know this man has already loved and lost, so I’m bound to get hurt. But for once in my life, I think I’ve found the family I never knew I needed…and I’m terrified I’m going to lose it.


Maid In Miami:

When five best friends graduate from business school, it’s time for these girls to take on the world. As dazzling, eccentric, and spirited as the city where they all grew up, these dynamos head home to Miami with big plans to launch a high-end housekeeping company. Offering a mix of beauty, brains, and business savvy, it doesn’t take long for Maid in Miami to attract the most elite clients in the glamorous city. That means they are now the maids for billionaires, rock stars, athletes, and South Florida’s most charming bachelors. It turns out, a girl can clean, tidy, and make a place sparkle…until a heartthrob sweeps her off her feet. Then, things can get really messy.


Don’t miss Maid In Miami…unforgettable romantic comedies that will have you laughing, swooning, cheering, and mopping up some happy tears.


Release Date: January 21, 2022
Palm Island Publishing
Maid in Miami #3
Romantic Comedy/Sweet Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Messing With the Bartender is the 3rd installment in the Maid in Miami series by Breezie Bennett, and she delivers a wonderful romantic comedy once again. So many laugh out loud moments in this story, which pulls the reader in from the very first page.

Bianca has been flirting with Alec the bartender from pretty much the first time she and her friends were at Coconuts, with zero reaction on his part. So when he asks her for help getting his three-year-old son Dane into a fancy private pre-school, Bianca is totally unprepared, yet always up for a good time, and says yes.

I really enjoyed this story. I loved Bianca and Alec, and little Dane absolutely stole my heart. I loved that they truly became a family, even though the were only "playing pretend" to get Dane into the school of Alec's late wife's dreams. I loved seeing Bianca discover there was so much more about herself, especially when it came to kids. Alec and Bianca had really wonderful chemistry, and I liked how well they worked together to make a dream come true. I have to say Dane was such a refreshing and joyful character for me. I fell completely in love with this little boy, and loved seeing this little family become real. 

Messing With the Bartender was a great addition to the Maid in Miami series. I love Ms. Bennett features a different friend in each new book, yet always have plenty of friend time as well. I love this strong group of women, and can't wait to read each new book. Messing With the Bartender is a sweet and funny romance that will hit readers in all the right happy feels.


Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

No comments: