Monday, January 31, 2022

BLACK HEART (BLACK'S BANDITS #5)


He’s untouchable. Unbreakable. 

She plans to destroy him.


Former CIA agent Ian Black has done terrible deeds. Sacrificed his honor and reputation for God and country. He’s a fighter and a survivor. His mission is to rid the world of scumbags who prey on innocent people.


No price is too high, and no one crosses him. Not for long, anyway.


But then Natasha Oliver walks in, threatening to expose the one thing Ian thought dead and buried: his heart.


Natasha’s innocence was ripped away years ago when she was thrown into prison for crimes her parents committed. Now, as the assassin Calypso, she intends to hunt down those responsible for what happened to her.


Including Ian Black. Getting involved with him is madness, but she made a vow - and she will do whatever it takes to keep it.


Until she discovers that the line between hate and love often stands on a razor’s edge...


Release Date: January 25, 2022

Black's Bandits #5

H.O.T. Publishing, LLC

Romantic Suspense

Review copy provided by publisher


Liza's Review:


With the exception of Mendez's book, which is pretty much my favorite book ever by Ms. Harris, I've wanted Ian Black's book more than any other book in any series by Lynn Raye Harris. All I can say is it was totally worth the wait!!!


Natasha Oliver, aka Calypso and Ian Black have been circling each other for years, and I knew once they finally got together, it would be magical and explosive. I loved every moment of this story. I know it was partly because I was so ready for this story, but honestly it was one that kept me totally engaged from page one. I loved Ian Black since he appeared on the page. He seems like such a bad boy, but the more time he's appeared in each story, the more I knew there was way more to his back story. Natasha is such an interesting character. As an assassin for the Syndicate, she has been a bad guy for much of the series, yet she seems to show up and save the day much like Ian Black. The chemistry between them has always be intense, but after they finally got together it was explosive it was so hot.


Readers were finally given the back stories for both Natasha and Ian, and all I can say is both were so heartbreaking, they brought me to tears. Honestly it only made me love each character even more than before. Black Heart was a book that pretty much kept me on the edge of my seat from page one. Ms. Harris delivered not only the book her readers have been waiting for, but she exceeded all expectations I had with this story. I fell in love with Ian and Natash as a couple, and loved getting to see them work together to make their life their own.


Rating: 5 Stars (A)

No comments: