Friday, April 17, 2020

I'LL BE WATCHING YOU (HOLLYWOOD HEAT #1)

She can trust him with her heart, but can she trust him with her life?

Growing up as a foster kid, Jessica Jensen found her escape in movies-especially those starring teen heartthrob Reece Winchester. When she meets him as an adult, he's just as charming, fascinating, and devastatingly handsome as she'd imagined. Before she knows it, Jessica is falling hard. But her real-life Cinderella story is about to take a deadly turn...

Jessica has completely upended everything about Reece's carefully ordered life. There's a reason he's never allowed anyone to get so close to him before. But now that she has, there's a target on her back. Because someone knows that the Winchesters have been hiding some dark family secrets. Someone who is out there waiting to strike. Waiting...and always watching.

Previously published as Watching You in digital format only

Print Release Date: March 31, 2020
Forever
Hollywood Heat #1
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I read Watching You when it was originally released and really enjoyed the update and changes made for the release of I’ll Be Watching You. I was supplied a digital copy for review, but also bought my print copy as I always wanted one for my Leslie Kelly keeper shelf. I have made updates to my original review based on changes to the updated version of this story.

I have been a fan of the romantic suspense genre since I first discovered it years ago. I love when I find an author who does it well, and Leslie A. Kelly is absolutely a master at her craft. I’ll Be Watching You is the first book in her Hollywood Heat series that centers around the Winchester siblings, with eldest brother Reece getting his story first. I will put it out there that the mystery of the Winchester siblings will span the series, but the set up is done so well in I’ll Be Watching You, I really hope we get the rest of the story with each brother’s story.

I have to say that initially Reece Winchester worried me a bit when he first saw Jessica Jensen. I honestly expected to see him be more upfront about his attraction rather than having a few stalker-like tendencies. I got with him being Reece Winchester, he had to be extra careful, but it seemed like he was almost trying to direct their first meeting. I loved that Jessica pretty much made him gravel before she was willing to accept his apology, so I was able to let it go. I really loved the chemistry between Reece and Jessica, as they were smoking hot together. I found myself loving how protective Reece was of Jessica without being too over the top. 

I loved that Jessica was an aspiring screenwriter. I knew as soon as we met her advisor I didn't trust him not to screw her over. I hated her first experience with someone in the Hollywood writing world was so unscrupulous, but was really glad she had Reece in her corner to make sure her ideas and interest were protected. When I read this story originally, I felt like Jessica wasn’t a very strong heroine in the beginning. I felt like the changes Ms. Kelly made not only to Reece, but also to Jessica only made the characters stronger and easier to relate to overall. I knew based upon Jessica’s past, she was a very strong person to survive and flourish as she has. I felt like this time she spoke her mind more and took control rather than relying on Reece unless absolutely necessary.

The suspense elements in I’ll Be Watching You were absolutely perfect. I loved at least part of the mystery will last over the entire series. I will say there was not a cliffhanger feel to the mystery, even though certain aspects were revealed at the end of the book. Ms. Kelly kept me on the edge of my seat through much of I’ll Be Watching You. I need to know what happened to all the Winchesters in the past and what will happen to them in the future. I highly recommend I’ll Be Watching You to fans of romantic suspense genre.


Rating: 5 Stars (A)

No comments: