Tuesday, March 10, 2020

CHASING TAIL (DOGMOTHERS #3)


When firefighter Connor Mahoney decides to run for mayor, he's confident of victory because of his brilliant idea to put Frank, a local canine hero who saved a drowning child, on the ticket with him. Then Connor gets some unwanted help from the Dogmothers, who think a pretty new arrival from Washington DC would make the perfect campaign manager for their highly-eligible bachelor grandson. But no matter how much Connor likes the idea of working with the gorgeous Sadie Hartman, she's doing her best to keep him at arm's length.

Disillusioned by politics after working in DC, Sadie doesn’t want the job, no matter how smoking hot the sexy firefighter is or how much his sweet grannies push. But then she learns that the race has another candidate – a man who was instrumental in wrecking Sadie’s family. Uncertain the “dog and firefighter” can win, she launches her own campaign to be mayor of Bitter Bark.

But Connor and Sadie are both in for a big surprise when a two-hundred year old law is unearthed to upend the entire election. Then, the only way for Sadie or Connor to save the town from a terrible mayor is to join forces in a way no one is expecting. As Sadie and Connor discover that the best part of running against each other is literally being against each other, it doesn't take long to figure out that sometimes winning the race means losing your heart.

Release Date: March 10, 2020
South Street Publishing
The Dogmothers series #3
Contemporary romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I swear I've fallen in love with The Dogmothers series from Roxanne St. Claire every bit as much as I loved The Dogfather series. Seriously I find myself loving each new book more than the last. Chasing Tail is Connor Mahoney's and Sadie Hartman's story and this fake engagement story was done to perfection.

Connor and Sadie went to high school together, yet hadn't seen each other since Sadie moved away. I loved on their first encounter in years, the attraction was so strong I wanted to see them together from that point on. I just felt such a connection between them and they gave me all the happy feels as they bantered with one another. Add in Yiayia and Gramma Finnie working a plan to get them to spend more time together, and I absolutely laughed out loud while reading this story...especially when The Dogmothers' plan didn't go exactly as they had planned it out. Sadie is such a strong character, and I just knew she was the perfect match for Connor.

The fact that Connor is technically running as the chief of staff to his rescued dog Frank to be mayor didn't even give me pause, as Bitter Bark is so dog friendly. However, Frank has such fear of strangers since he was a stray for most of his life, he needed something to help him be around the public, besides Connor. Frank's "lovey" is one for the books. Seriously not sure why I didn't see it coming, but again all the happy feels. 

I loved watching Connor and Sadie grow closer the more time they spent together. As they both are in the running for mayor, along with a third candidate neither wants to win, they have to be seen in public to make sure everyone believes their engagement is real so they are both eligible for the election. Yes their dating was put on fast forward, and honestly I wondered if jokester Connor would be able to pull it off. He has always been the fun-loving, no commitment member of the family, so I really loved seeing him change and share so much of himself with Sadie. Sadie had just come off of a bad breakup, but I loved how quickly she came to trust and share her life and past with Connor. The fact that she is a cat person and he is a dog person only made this story more fun. The chemistry was there between Connor and Sadie from the first time they saw one another again, but after they shared their first kiss, I knew they were perfect for each other. So much chemistry between them!

Chasing Tail was such a wonderful story. Once again Roxanne St. Claire gives her readers a story filled with all the emotions and lots of family and pets. This book had me laughing out loud one minute and crying the next, and I just wanted to read it all over again once I finished. I've read Roxanne St. Claire's books for years and have to say she has only gotten better with each new book. The Dogmother books much like the Dogfather books have become my favorites ever from Ms. St. Claire.

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)


Buy Links:

Apple Books:  https://apple.co/32v0dB3
Google Play:  http://bit.ly/2TiCOPd
Goodreads:  http://bit.ly/3ajAD51

2 comments:

Nancy Alexander said...

What more can I say about the review above but bravo, & Yay, Yay. Roxanne St. Claire has outdone herself again.

Nancy Alexander said...

What more can I say about Liza’s review but bravo. Roxanne St. Claire has outdone herself again. Yay Yay 😁😆