Friday, September 27, 2019

LETHAL NIGHTS (BRUTE FORCE #3)

Ilya Dragonovich is no stranger to the dark side. As a safe-house owner for security agency Brute Force, Dragon knows that the battle line between good and evil runs through the heart of every man―and, sometimes, a beautiful woman…

Emma Jane Preston needs help. After her marriage crumbled, she believed she could get back to a normal, happy life. But her ex-husband moved among some shady characters, and now she needs the kind of protection that comes at a cost―one that only someone like Dragon can provide. But can Emma Jane trust this handsome, undercover operator to keep her safe when she is in danger of falling into the arms of the deeply seductive, fiery Dragon…and never letting go?



Release Date: September 24, 2019
St. Martin’s Press
Brute Force #3
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:
Lora Leigh is one of my unicorn authors. I have devoured her novels for years! I was so excited to dive into her newest book.

Ilya is a typical Lora Leigh hero, which I adore. He’s growly, stubborn, alpha, and oozes hot sexy times! Emma is the kind of heroine that I really like. She’s spunky, sassy, independent, and kind. She also has that vulnerability that I like to see in a heroine. 

The chemistry between the two was off the charts. It just kept building and building. By the time things came to a head, I thought I was going to scream “thank god!”. Lora Leigh knows how to keep the reader on their toes when it comes to the rising lust between her characters. 

As much as I liked this book, I struggled a bit. There’s constant mention of dragons. Dragon tribes, dragon bloodlines, dragon mates, and other mystical type of stuff. I started to wonder if I was reading a paranormal romance rather than romantic suspense. I think the flow of the story would have worked better had those things not been so prominent. I started to skim over those parts. 

One thing I can always count on with a Lora Leigh novel is the intricately woven suspense storyline. There was a great balance of romance and action. 


This book wasn’t my favourite in the series. It didn’t grab me quite like the first two books did, but I am definitely looking forward to the next installment! 

 Rating: 3 Stars (B)

No comments: