Wednesday, October 17, 2018

LEGACY OF LIES DUET

Throne of Lies Blurb:

I was called a prodigal son.
A scion of Midas.

I believed it. Why wouldn’t I?
Everything my father touched turned to gold.

The proof was all around me.
Luxury cars.
Elite schools.
A billion-dollar business.
Even my girlfriend, a Park Avenue Princess.

I reigned from a throne of lies.

My fall from grace . . . wasn’t graceful at all.

The Prequel to Legacy of Lies


Legacy of Lies blurb:


Money. Status. Wealth. Power.
I believed I was entitled to all of it.
My legacy.

Jolie Chapman.
I thought I was entitled to her, too.
My love.

In a scandal that set our families against each other, I lost.
My legacy. My love.
Everything.

I was heir to a throne built on lies, my crown forged from corruption. 
Stripped of everything I'd been raised to consider my birthright. 
Including my princess—who wasn’t mine, after all.

I’ve spent the past decade rebuilding my life, on my own terms.
Money. Status. Wealth. Power.
They’ve been earned.
Now I’ve returned to Manhattan for redemption, too.

Jolie wasn’t supposed to be here.
… And I wasn’t supposed to care.

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice—
Who am I kidding? I don’t believe in second chances anymore.


Throne of Lies
Release Date: October 11, 2018
Legacy of Lies
Release Date: October 15, 2018
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by the publisher 

 I'm combining my reviews for the prequel, Throne of Lies, with the first book, Legacy of Lies.

Sweet baby Jesus. This story gripped me from page one! The prequel was absolutely amazing and necessary. I loved that we got to live in the moment with the characters, and not just get the back story through flashbacks. 

Tripp and Jolie are teenage lovers ( in the prequel), and their story is a thing of most young girls fantasies...at least at the beginning. They both come from extremely privileged backgrounds, but they've managed to keep themselves levelled and not caught up in their parents money. 

Their love story is destroyed by a scandal that rocks them both to the core. And thank goodness I didn't have to sit with that cliffhanger! I dived right into book one with glee! 

Fast forward ten years, and both Tripp and Jolie have made a name for themselves in the world. Through a series of circumstances, they're reunited. Let me tell you, the chemistry was off the goddamn charts with these two. Even in the face of all their resentment and secrets, they still feel that undying love for each other. I kinda had a Romeo and Juliet moment when I was reading this book. Sort of a forbidden love, and torn apart by their families crap. The dying part is avoided, thankfully. That would have made me crazy stabby!

One of the things that rubbed me the wrong way was the secret that Jolie had kept from Tripp for so many years. I'm not entirely sure something like that is forgivable. I understand the reasoning behind it, at least somewhat, but it still made me angry on Tripp's behalf. Maybe that's what the author was going for? Her writing invoked all these feelings in me. I was sad, angry, and swoony. It was a roller coaster of emotions, but I didn't want to get off!

These two books had all the ingredients of an angsty romance that I love. I was so invested in these characters. I adored them both so much. 

I loved all the twists and turns. I was constantly trying to connect the dots and piece everything together to figure out who was originally behind the scandal that tore them apart. I became somewhat of a super sleuth! But in the end, I didn't see it coming. Bravo Ms. Leigh! You totally surprised me.

Tara Leigh has become an auto buy for me. Her writing is brilliant and so emotional. Do yourself a favour and read this duet!  

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

1 comment:

Katscornerreads said...

Awesome review!!! I loved both these books!!