Monday, September 10, 2018

MAGIC TRIUMPHS

Mercenary Kate Daniels must risk all to protect everything she holds dear in this epic, can't-miss entry in the thrilling #1 New York Times bestselling urban fantasy series.

Kate has come a long way from her origins as a loner taking care of paranormal problems in post-Shift Atlanta. She's made friends and enemies. She's found love and started a family with Curran Lennart, the former Beast Lord. But her magic is too strong for the power players of the world to let her be.

Kate and her father, Roland, currently have an uneasy truce, but when he starts testing her defenses again, she knows that sooner or later, a confrontation is inevitable. The Witch Oracle has begun seeing visions of blood, fire, and human bones. And when a mysterious box is delivered to Kate's doorstep, a threat of war from the ancient enemy who nearly destroyed her family, she knows their time is up.

Kate Daniels sees no other choice but to combine forces with the unlikeliest of allies. She knows betrayal is inevitable. She knows she may not survive the coming battle. But she has to try.

For her child.

For Atlanta.

For the world.

Release Date: August 28, 2018
Ace
Kate Daniels #10
Urban Fantasy
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I thought I was prepared for the end of the Kate Daniels series.  I knew it was coming for such a long time, yet as I was reading the final book, all I wanted to do was savor each and every page as to make it last just a little bit longer. Magic Triumphs is filled with everything fans of this series have come to expect and love. We have much action, humor, and love in this story, which wrapped up the series perfectly.

I loved every single moment of Magic Triumphs. I honestly found myself laughing way more as I read this book than I ever expected to with it being the final book in the series. Yes there has always been humor in the books in this series, but I think I was so prepared for the battle at the end, I didn't think about everything Kate, Curran and crew would have to go through to get to that point of the story. I adored Kate and Curran's son Conlan so much. OMG he was about the cutest toddler ever to hit the pages of a book. I loved the dynamic the addition of Conlan added to this family.

I loved we got to see so many friend and even a few enemies along the way. Hugh and Elara showing up didn't really surprise me too much, but how they arrived totally and completely threw me for a loop for some reason. I was glad to see Hugh and Elara again following Iron & Magic, and while you don't have to read it before reading Magic Triumphs, there are some events that directly impact some of the actions in Magic Triumphs.

The entire series has been leading up to an epic battle between Kate and her father Roland. I have to say it was everything I was expecting and more. I have to say I loved while we had been building up for the battle over the entire course of the series, it really only was a small portion of this final book. The relationships between all the characters were at the front and center of the story and it just gave me all the feels to spend time with so many favorite characters along the way. I gave me the chance to also see the growth of all the characters over the course of the series.

I feel like Ilona Andrews gave the readers the best possible ending to the Kate Daniels series of books. While in my heart of hearts I'm hoping for many spin-off series beyond the Iron Covenant series, I was completely satisfied with the ending of Magic Triumphs. The Kate Daniels series of books will be one I will continue to read and listen to over and over again. I highly recommend this series of books to anyone who loves books in the Urban Fantasy genre.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

No comments: