Friday, February 23, 2018

ON THE EDGE OF SCANDAL (SNOW & ICE GAMES #3)

Bronwyn Perry is the star of the US women’s hockey team, and she and her boyfriend Brody Hill have been hockey royalty since they’ve been in high school. Brody unexpectedly fails to make the men’s team but still comes to Denver to support his girl at the Snow and Ice Games. Or so Bronwyn thinks.

Ash Levenson is the coach of the women’s SIG hockey team. His primary responsibility is to keep his team happy, healthy, and primed to win. Though he’s close in age to his players, he’s been doing this for a while and mostly, it’s easy to keep his eyes on the puck. He’s always been able to discard any crush he might have on any of the women he’s coached…until Bronwyn.

When Bronwyn and Brody’s romance comes to a very public and very ugly end, Ash has to get his star player’s head back in the game and ready to dominate on the rink. Which may mean spending a little time off the ice…

Release Date: February 6, 2018
Snow & Ice Games #3
St. Martin's Swerve
Contemporary Sports Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I’ve really enjoyed reading the Snow & Ice Games books, especially while watching the Olympics this year. I really enjoyed the first 2 books and was excited to start On the Edge of Scandal, especially because the main character was a hockey player.

Honestly, while I really liked both Bronwyn and Ash as characters, I had major issues with a coach dating and sleeping with one of his players. The fact that Ash really struggled and did try and fight his attraction to Bronwyn really helped me feel a little bit better about the situation. I will say that I was so glad to see Bronwyn get away from her ex-boyfriend Brody and wanted nothing more than to see him get the crap beat out of him for how he acted. 

While I had issues with the coach and player being together, they did have really great chemistry and I liked they each really got the other one so well. I just kept going back to how much trouble it would be for both of them if they were caught, which distracted me a bit from the story. 

I still have 2 more stories to read in the Snow & Ice Games series and had planned to finish both before the Olympics ended, but didn’t get them finished in time. I must keep reading to find out how Ms. Parker ends the series.

Rating: 3 Stars (C+)



No comments: