Monday, December 19, 2016

MORE THAN ANYTHING (MAGNOLIA BEACH #3)

The small, waterfront town of Magnolia Beach, Alabama, gets its fair share of tourists breezing in and out, but one handsome visitor might just be tempted to stay...
 


Running the Bay Breeze marina means Shelby Tanner is used to fielding strange requests from vacationers, but she is still less than amused when she gets a call in the middle of the night to rescue a boat stranded nearby. The clueless sailor is infuriatingly inexperienced—yet also frustratingly attractive.
 


Architect Declan Hyde only planned on stopping in Alabama briefly on his move from Chicago to Miami, but Magnolia Beach is proving to be more captivating than he imagined. For one thing, there’s the sweet, Southern charm. For another, there’s the stunning tomboy who rescued him from the bay and keeps invading his thoughts. 
 


As the time draws near for Declan to weigh anchor, he begins to realize that Shelby may have saved more than his boat that night—and leaving Magnolia Beach might set his lonely heart permanently adrift... 

Release Date: December 6, 2016
Berkley Romance
Magnolia Beach #3
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I discovered Kimberly Lang's books as soon as she was published and she has been an auto-buy author for me every since I read her very first book. I'm a huge fan of books in a series and adore the Magnolia Beach series. I grew up in a small town and love reading books that take place in small towns.

Shelby Tanner runs the family's Bay Breeze marina, which means she is responsible for everything that happens at the marina, even rescuing a stranded boat at 3:00 am. Declan Hyde is temporarily staying on a friend's boat at the Bay Breeze marina with no boating skills what so ever. I loved how grumpy Shelby was with him, and how she made no bones about his need for a boating education, even as she was noticing how hot he was.

Declan and Shelby really started out as friends before they moved into a more serious relationship. I absolutely loved they could talk about anything and truly were friends As Declan had a job waiting for him in Miami, they both were on board with a short-term relationship. I thought they had amazing chemistry both in and out of bed. 

I grew up in a small town, so I had to laugh so hard as Shelby and Declan tried to keep the fact they were dating from everyone in town, especially Shelby's brothers and cousins. I also totally got everyone remembering each and every mistake Shelby had ever made in her life and people joking about it forever. I did think Shelby saw it as a bigger issue than it really was, but understood why she felt that way. I also loved how she finally confronted her brothers and cousins about it. 

I loved seeing Shelby finally get the respect she has always deserved from her family. I honestly feel like Declan helped Shelby see all she could be and do with her life and I loved watching Declan and Shelby fall in love. 

More Than Anything was a sweet and heartwarming small town romance. While it is the third book in the Magnolia Beach series, it can easily be read as a stand-alone book. I highly recommend reading each and every one of the books in the Magnolia Beach series.

Rating: 4 Stars (B)



No comments: