Wednesday, April 06, 2016

DIRTY SEXY INKED JOINT REVIEW

Breaking hearts is what wild and rebellious Mason Kincaid does best. Hit it and quit it is his motto, and with his bad boy reputation and tattoos, he doesn't lack for female companionship. Until one hot night with the one woman he swore he'd never touch becomes an all consuming addiction he can't kick. Katrina Sands has been his best friend for years, but now that he knows what she feels like, and tastes like, there is no going back to being just friends. Hot, dirty sex has never felt so good...or so right.

Release Date: April 5, 2016
Dirty Sexy #2
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I seriously can say this series just gets better with each book. I loved Dirty Sexy Saint and getting to see Clay Kincaid find his happily ever after with Samantha. When we met Mason and Katrina, I knew there was way more to them than just being best friends and have to say, I loved watching them go from friends to lovers.

First of all I absolutely loved that Mason and Katrina had been best friends since they were 14 years old. Even though they didn't meet under the best circumstance, it totally solidified their friendship from the very beginning. I also loved they each were insanely attracted to the other, yet were both afraid to mess up their friendship by taking their relationship to that next level. I will say the phrase "go big or go home" totally fits Mason when he finally couldn't handle seeing his Kitty-Kat near other men. The scene in Coyote Ugly is hands down one of my favorite parts of the entire book. 

Katrina and Mason have smoking hot chemistry and I'm pretty sure my kindle screen steamed up every single time they were together. Katrina not only got Mason's need to be in charge in the bedroom, but completely embraced it and seemed to need it just as much. Not that there were plenty of tender moments between them, but as Mason is a total bad boy the smoking hot was there way more than sweet and tender.

I think part of the reason I loved Katrina and Mason together so much was the fact they shared so much of their history together. Yes there were parts of Katrina's history not even Mason knew about, but when they came to light, I just wanted to hug Mason for kicking himself over what happened. Seriously made me cry to see Mason so completely destroyed that he wasn't there at a time when Katrina needed him the most. I loved that learning the truth only brought Mason and Katrina closer as a couple.

Dirty Sexy Inked hit on every single one of my emotions and I absolutely loved everything about the story. I love a friends to lovers story when it is done well, and Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde hit is out the park with Mason and Katrina's story. I highly recommend Dirty Sexy Inked to everyone. 

Nikki’s Review:

Oh boy, this book has all the feels! I fell in lust with with bad boy, Mason Kincaid, in the first book. He is completely drool worthy, and oh so delicious. But he's also an unapologetic man whore! And blind...so very blind. He can't see what's standing right in front of him. Katrina, his best friend, has loved him forever. It kills her a little bit more each time he takes off with yet another woman. 

These two characters have had to overcome really crappy childhoods. The emotional baggage that they carry is incredible. But they're strong and they've made lives for themselves. The scars on their hearts are burdens that neither want to share with anyone. 

There is so much chemistry between, Mason and Katrina. What I love about them most is their devotion to their friendship. Their loyalty to each other is unwavering. I always adore a good friends to lovers story, it seems to make the relationship that much more sweet...solid. 

When things come to a head in Vegas, there's no going back. They're both worried about destroying the friendship, but they know they can't stop it, and neither wants to anyways. I fist pumped when they finally took the plunge. It was combustible! Mason was every bit the sexy alpha that I'd hoped for. The love scenes were well written. It wasn't just sexy times, there was a tenderness between Mason and Katrina. I could get lost in the affection that they held for each other. Sigh...I love them together!

There's some heavy stuff in this book. Mason was neglected and all but forgotten by his own mother when he was a child. The only people who ever had his back were his brothers, Levi and Clay. And his best friend, Katrina. His abandonment issues run deep. His womanizing is a direct result of those issues. If you don't let anyone get close, they can't hurt you. Katrina makes him want to take the chance. 

Man, my heart hurt for Katrina. She battles demons that most of us can't fathom. Let me warn you, part of Katrina's past includes rape and self-cutting. She's convinced that she has moved beyond both of those issues, until her past smacks her in the face. She's forced to fight the need to do herself harm. She's also forced to truly trust Mason and confide in him. Like I said, this book has all the feels! On one page, everything is light and carefree, then you get hot sweaty against the wall sex...yum! But then your heart is ripped to shreds for them both. I loved being on this journey. I loved how my emotions were put through the grinder. I know I've read some seriously talented writing when I can feel those emotions on my chest. 

This is a journey to be sure. This book is two damaged souls finding the one thing that can help them heal. Love is a powerful thing, and though it can't change the past, it does help, Katrina and Mason find peace. Peace, contentment, and love. Isn't that what we all want?

I'm going to be brutally honest...buy this book and read it! Start with book 1, Dirty Sexy Saint. Clay and Mason have both rocked my world with their stories. I can hardly wait to see what Levi does to me!

BUY LINKS:


No comments: