Monday, March 14, 2016

SUGARED (MISFIT BRIDES #4)

When Chicago’s Hottest Snack Cake Heir…

Josh Kincaid went from rags to riches when he was adopted by the family who owns the Sweet Dreams Snack Cakes empire. But now the company is floundering, and Josh will do anything to save his parents the way they saved him. Including using his charm on a small-town wedding cake baker.

Takes on the Misfit Princess of the Bridal Capital of the Midwest…

Kimmie is flighty, she spouts off weird dreams when she’s nervous, and her frizzy hair and fashion sense make her the girl least likely to snare a debonair snack cake heir. But Kimmie can bake a cake that’ll make a grown man cry, and that’s exactly what Josh needs.

They Just Might Find The Recipe for Love

Josh’s plan should be easy, except Kimmie isn’t all cupcake underneath. Her cooperation comes with a price. If Josh wants to save his family’s company, he’ll have to do something he’s never done: be himself. 

Cupcakes have never been so terrifying. 

Release Date: March 2, 2016
Mitfit Brides #4
Review copy provided by author for honest review

Liza’s Review:

I'm a really big fan of Jamie Farrell. I first found her books when judging a contest and totally fell in love with her characters in Southern Fried Blues. I then moved on to the Misfit Brides series and with each book I fell more in love with the character Kimmie. Seriously she is the sweetest and funniest character I've probably ever read and I couldn't wait for her to get her story.

Jamie Farrell totally delivered the story that total did justice to quirky Kimmie. I'm pretty sure I've never laughed so hard in my life while reading a romance, and I can guarantee I've never snorted sweet tea up my nose reading a romance before. Totally happened while I read Sugared. I have major love for Kimmie and wasn't really sure Josh was good enough for her when he first started coming around, and it has nothing to do with his rags to riches background. Josh really didn't have his head on straight and Kimmie needs a man strong enough to stand up for her and see her for the wonderfully, funny, talented, beautiful, and quirky person she is.

I started to like Josh and Kimmie as a couple the more time they spent together. Josh didn't look at Kimmie as if she had two heads when she spouted off her dreams or her fortune cookies and while he still needed her help to save his family's business, he never pushed Kimmie past her comfort zone. Plus there was really great slow-building chemistry between them. Yes, Kimmie had been attracted to Josh from the first moment she saw him, but Kimmie was so different from anyone Josh ever dated before and I loved that he fell for the real Kimmie and it totally didn't matter to him that she had her very own fashion sense and told her crazy dreams when she was nervous.

I absolutely loved Josh's parents, but especially his mom. She totally saw way more than the men in her life gave her credit for and knew from the moment she met Kimmie she was the girl for Josh. I seriously wanted to hug Esme so hard for how protective and accepting she was of Kimmie. She is the mother-in-law every woman hopes for when they get married. I also loved how each and every one of Kimmie's friends always have her back, especially when it comes to her mom and even Josh when he makes a huge mistake. I won't lie, I did shed a few tears as Kimmie's friends stepped up and circled the wagons to protect Kimmie.

I loved watching Kimmie and Josh fall in love with each other. Josh and Kimmie truly became friends before they moved their relationship into something more. I loved that Josh had to come to Bliss to see Kimmie early because he missed her so much. He totally got Kimmie and all her quirkiness and loved being around her as much as possible. Of course, Kimmie knew her feelings long before Josh would admit to his, and while I really wanted to throat punch Josh when he hurt Kimmie at one point, I loved them as a couple. Josh had so much loss in his life, I totally got his hesitancy to have a real relationship. I will say when Josh decides to make things right, he totally does it in a big way and it made me fall in love with him.

Sugared is my absolute favorite book by Jamie Farrell to date. Since Kimmie is such a special character, I wanted her to get her perfect happily ever after. Ms. Farrell totally delivered with the perfect Kimmie story. Sugared is filled with laughter, a few tears, lots of yummy cupcakes, love and even a few killer bunnies. I personally think you will understand Kimmie and her friends a bit more if you start with the first book in the Misfit Brides series. I do think readers wouldn't be completely lost if they started with Sugared.


BUY LINKS:

No comments: