Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Angel


The Angel is the 2nd book in the Original Sinners series from Tiffany Reisz. The publisher is Harlequin MIRA. From the back cover.~

No safe word can protect the heart

Infamous erotica author and accomplished dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. While her longtime lover, Søren—whose fetishes, if exposed, would be his ruin—is under scrutiny pending a major promotion, Nora's lying low and away from temptation in the lap of luxury.

Her host, the wealthy and uninhibited Griffin Fiske, is thrilled to have Nora stay at his country estate, especially once he meets her traveling companion. Young, inexperienced and angelically beautiful, Michael has become Nora's protégé, and this summer with Griffin is going to be his training, where the hazing never ends.

But while her flesh is willing, Nora's mind is wandering. To thoughts of Søren, her master, under investigation by a journalist with an ax to grind. And to another man from Nora's past, whose hold on her is less bruising, but whose secrets are no less painful. It's a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts.

I was lucky enough to get an early copy of The Angel from NetGalley. The official release date is September 25, 2012. I had a rough start with The Siren, book one in the series. I’ve read BDSM books before, but have to say the Original Sinners series is a little more hardcore that I’d read in the past. I actually had put it down as a DNF, but after talking to some of my friends, I finished reading and even ended up liking The Siren. I had to keep reading this series so I could find out more about Nora, Søren, Kingsley, Griffin, Michael, and Wesley. While I really liked The Siren,  I absolutely loved The Angel! I can even say it is one of my favorite reads the entire year.

The Angel picks up about a year after The Siren. Honestly the entire book was filled with yumminess. I got to see how much Nora and Søren loved one another and how their relationship works. Nora must go away to train Michael to be a sub and the timing is perfect since a report has shown up to investigate Søren’s past. I loved Griffin when he first appeared in The Siren, and loved him even more as I watched him with both Nora and Michael.  We also learn a secret Wesley had kept from Nora in The Angel. Add in some super sexy scenes with Kingsley, and I had a book I couldn’t put down. I’ve come to love and want to know more about so many of the characters in this series.

While many people are Team Søren, Team Kingsley, Team Wesley, or Team Griffin, I totally admit I’m Team Nora. While I don’t totally understand the BDSM lifestyle, I am learning more with each book I read and even kind of fell for Søren a little bit with this book. While some of the scenes between Nora and Søren push my comfort levels, I’m completely hooked on this series.  I’m now counting down the days until The Prince comes out in November. I’m hoping we will finally get to see what will happen between Wesley and Nora, as well as learn more of the history between Søren and Kingsley. To find out more about the Original Sinners series or any other books from Tiffany Reisz, check out the author's website.

No comments: