Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back on Track

So I saw the PA at my orthopedic surgeon's office today and can now go back to wearing regular shoes. I was told I had to hold off until next Monday to start running again, so just a few more days until I can get back on track fitness-wise. I have to start back slowly, but I am so ready to get back to running my intervals. I plan on starting back with 2-2 intervals(run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes) for the first few weeks, and work back up to my 3-1 or 4-1 intervals. My goal for now is to get back to running my 6-mile or 8-mile runs for my longer runs, and get back to my 4-mile runs for a good short distance. Will have to settle for 1-3 miles until I get back into the the shape I was in 4 weeks ago. Not sure I'm ready to start training for a 1/2 marathon at this time, but I might start over my training for another 5K or 10K.

I will also start getting back on track health-wise this week too. My goal is to go back on my low-carb diet until I go home for Christmas. My dad always makes homemade pizza for dinner on Christmas Eve and we have a big family dinner on Christmas night. I don't want to go crazy on those few days at home, but I do want to enjoy those holiday-only foods. Once I head back home, I plan on getting right back to the low-carb diet. I feel healthier when I have fewer carbs in my diet and eat lots of green veggies and lean proteins. I also have fewer stomach issues when I stick to a lower carb diet. I'm also hoping by going back to my lower-carb diet I'll lose some of the weight I've put back on and can hopefully be able to stop taking my blood pressure medicine soon.

I have been very lazy lately with my diet, but I know I can get everything back under control.

No comments: