Thursday, August 28, 2008

Marked

Marked by PC Cast and Kristin Cast is the first in A House of Night novels. This book is classified as YA, and I loved it. Zoey Redbird is marked as a fledgling vampyre at age 16 and joins the House of Night, as school where she will train to become an adult vampyre. She has been given special powers by the Goddess Nyx and soon discovers that she isn't the only fledgling with special powers. Zoey is even invited to join the exclusive Dark Daughters and Sons society.

Zoey soon realizes that the current leader of the Dark Daughters, Aphrodite, is using her power to bully others around and not revealing all of the visions that she sees. Zoey also is having problems with her ex-boyfriend showing up at her new school. Zoey must look into herself for the strength to battle Aphrodite and she finds it with the help of her new friends.

PC Cast and Kristin Cast write a fabulous book that I couldn't put down. I have the next two in the series in my TBR pile and plan to start Betrayed, which is the next in the series, right away.

3 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Is this their first book writing together?

Tempest Knight said...

You know, I saw that book the other day at Borders, and I wanted to pick it up but wasn't sure... After reading this, I'll go to check it out. :)

mslizalou said...

Alyssa, I think it is their first book together. I'm reading the second one now and I'm loving it too.