Tuesday, March 29, 2016

SUN KISSED (PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES, SEXY SINGLES #1)

Mallory Baldwin is a model who specializes in not taking herself too seriously. She’s sarcastic, crass, and loves a good joke. She’s been on the brink of making it since she was thirteen, and after learning that yet one more major brand has passed her up for another, good news arrives in the form of a gift. Her pal, Antonio Rafferty, a hotshot investor, has decided to send her to his elite private dating island for free. Fun in the sun, along with plenty of sexy distractions, are exactly what she needs to take her mind off her slumping career.

Patrick Conrad has been playing hockey since he could walk. After signing with Detroit, an injury lands him on the bench after the best season of his career. So when his college buddy, Antonio, enlists him to help out as a deep sea fishing guide in a new brand new business venture for a few weeks, Patrick accepts. A little break in his routine will do him good.

Sparks fly when Mallory jumps into Patrick's life unexpectedly. Things heat up quickly, but they both desperately try to keep their identity from the other.

That is, until the paparazzi arrive.

The beach never looked so good…

Release Date: March 3, 2016
Pushing the Boundaries, Sexy Singles #1
Review copy provided by author for honest review

Liza’s Review:

Amanda Abbott is a new-to-me author. When I was contacted about reviewing Sun Kissed, I really liked the premise of the story and couldn't wait to start reading it.

While I enjoyed Sun Kissed, it honestly took me over half way through the book to really connect with the heroine. I liked Mallory, but she really seemed a little self-absorbed at the beginning of the book. I honestly like to connect to both the hero and the heroine much sooner, but kept reading, as I absolutely loved the hero, Patrick. 

I liked Patrick and Mallory as a couple and loved they really didn't know much about the other when they first met. With Mallory being a supermodel and Patrick being an NHL hockey player, it was nice for them to start falling for one another without the outside world getting in the way. I loved the chemistry between them and felt like they had an instant attraction. I did love that Mallory was very open about being a big fan of sex and had no issues with her sexuality, and the sex scenes between Mallory and Patrick were super hot.

I did end up enjoying Sun Kissed and even want to read other books in the series. My only issues were the story started off a little slow and it took me longer than normal to connect with the heroine. However, once I got into the story and connected with the heroine, it moved pretty fast. 


No comments: