Thursday, March 24, 2016

LOVE SO UNEXPECTED (LAWSON BROTHERS #6)

Widower Caleb Lawson has resigned himself to a life of farming and family functions. He never expects to find another love like he had with his wife, much less remarry. But once his mother brings home Sofia Nogales to help her get back on her feet, he starts to reconsider his expectations. Sofia is beautiful, witty, and so full of life that his arms ache to hold her.

Determined to make a new life for herself, former head chef Sofia Nogales hopped on the first bus to the east coast and refused to look back. However, she never dreamed a series of bad events would have her end up in Jessamine, North Carolina as the guest of Dinah Lawson. Nor did she ever dream of meeting someone like Dinah’s son Caleb—the sexy farmer, who keeps everything to himself… except the heated look in his eyes.

But when the opportunity comes knocking—to the tune of cooking at an already established and popular restaurant two states away, will Caleb be able to convince her to stay?

Release Date: March 22, 2016
Valentine Publishing, LLC
Lawson Brothers #6
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I fell in love with the Lawson Brothers series with the first book and have found the books just keep getting better and better with each new story. I totally and completely fell in love with Caleb Lawson and was so happy we finally got his story in Love So Unexpected.

One of the things I love about the Lawson men is they figure out very quickly how they feel about the women in the lives and have no problems saying I love you first. I knew it would take a special woman to bring Caleb out of his life of only farming, and I have to say Sofia Nogales was so perfect for him. I love that she was instantly attracted to Caleb and had him talking when very few others could ever get him to talk. The fact that Caleb was equally attracted to Sofia made me so very happy. I'll be honest and say I was afraid Apple McCoy would try and re-enter Caleb's life and I was so very happy she was not the woman for him. I like Apple, but she just never fit my idea of someone Caleb would fall for after his wife Iris died. 

I absolutely loved watching Sofia fit in with the Lawson family and look for ways to fit into Jessamine. I knew she was only in town for a short time, but the more time Sofia and Caleb spent together, the more I wanted her to stay long-term. I really loved how strong the chemistry was between Caleb and Sofia from the moment they met. Whether they are joking around, just sitting together or making love, they connected on every level. I also loved the Caleb loved Sofia so much he was willing to do anything to help her be able to stay in Jessamine.

Love So Unexpected was another winner in the Lawson Brothers series. While Tristan and Lemon's books remains my absolute favorite in the series, Caleb and Sofia almost kicked them out of the top spot. I loved watching them fall in love and both finally find true happiness. Marquita Valentine writes wonderful emotion filled romances, and I love how she pulls me into every single story.

Buy Links:


No comments: