Thursday, January 19, 2023

INDECENT PROPOSAL (INDECENT SERIES #1)


It wasn’t every day that I was shot at by a sniper. But this was now my life, being hunted by someone my (dead) ex-fiancé had crossed. They thought I had something he’d taken, and they weren’t going to stop until they had what they wanted.


I went to the best security company around, but what I ended up with was a bodyguard who was as hot and tempting as he was grumpy and annoyingly bossy. Vaughn reluctantly took me on as a client, despite my inability to pay, and put me in his own personal safehouse with a set of rules to follow.


But a few of those rules? Yeah, I broke them just because I knew it would provoke him. What I didn’t anticipate was the kind of punishment he decided to dole out . . . and it wasn’t long before we went from enemies, to lovers, and an indecent proposal was struck between us.


We both swore it was all temporary, but the closer Vaughn gets to finding out who is after me and why, I realize walking away from this man might be much harder than I’d ever imagined.


Release Date: January 19, 2023

Indecent Series #1

Romantic Suspense

Review copy provided by publisher


Liza’s Review:


Indecent Proposal is a fantastic start to the Indecent series by Erika Wilde! Claire Turner and Vaughn Hughes meet when Claire needs to hire Vaughn’s company Elite Protection and Consulting when she has someone after her following her ex’s death. Vaughan is willing to let Claire leave without hearing her sob story, until a snippet attack while in is secure office. Since Claire can’t pay for Vaughn’s services, he decides to keep it off the books and takes her to his personal safe house.


The suspense elements in Indecent Proposal were done so very well. I was kept guessing who the sniper was that had taken a shot at Claire until the actual reveal. I love when an author can keep me guessing about the who done it so much. Ms. Wilde did an amazing job keeping me guessing, and was honestly a bit shocked at the answer.


The chemistry between Vaughn and Claire was apparent from the moment they laid eyes on each other. Let me just say their banter and digs just made for an even hotter story than I was expecting. Seriously majorly smoking hot times between Claire and Vaughn. Vaughn is a dominant, and Claire is super feisty and not a meek woman at all. She tests Vaughn at every single turn, and it was so sexy to see them find the right balance in their relationship. I loved that Vaughn really got Claire in a way no other man had understood before; not even her former fiancée.


Indecent Proposal was a fantastic story! I loved getting to know Vaughn and Claire and following their journey from strangers to lovers. I can’t wait to read the stories for Vaughn’s other two partners! 




Rating: 5 Stars (B+) 

No comments: