Friday, September 16, 2022

RECKLESS SINNER (MADE FOR THE MAFIA #3)


Growing up, I had sworn never to join the family mafia business.


Still, I knew too much and I had to, at the very least, be an associate for the Russo family. In the end, I was sent to law school. In an underworld of criminals, I was a necessary commodity—especially when my brothers had recently spilled so much blood and were currently under investigation.


I found myself watching out for everyone. Only, I never saw Delaney coming. She was the beautiful daughter of one of the partners at the firm where I worked. She was strictly off limits during a time when I couldn’t afford to be distracted.


She was also driven, determined, and refused to accept no for an answer. I never should have touched her, but once I had my first taste, I couldn’t let her go. Delaney stole my heart and I didn't even know I had one.


But things were about to get ugly. Her father was running for Attorney General, his goal to take down organized crime and end the mafia reign once and for all. And, my father and brothers were in his crosshairs.


There was no way Delaney and I would get a happy ending. No way we'd come out unscathed, especially when my father gives me a very specific job to do that could only end one way. . . with Delaney hating me.


Release Date: September 13, 2022

Contemporary Romance

Made for the Mafia #3

Review copy provided by publisher


Liza's Review:


I really enjoyed both Vincent's and Marco's books, and couldn't wait to read Dante's book. OMG it was so worth the wait! I loved Dante and Delaney's journey in Reckless Sinner!!!


Dante Russo never wanted to stay in the family business, and even though he became a lawyer, he has done his best to stay out of his family business and spend a little time with them as possible. Dante is always watching out for himself and those he cares about, and will do all he can to protect those he loves.


Delaney Weston is the daughter of Alan Weston, one of the partners at Weston & Lerner, and Dante has just made junior partner at the law firm when he is introduced to Delaney again. Her father wants the position of Attorney General and wants Delaney to get the dirt on the Russo family using whatever means needed. I honestly felt sorry for Delaney when she was first introduced. She had no self confidence, and seemed way to eager to do whatever her father pretty much demanded she do. However, the more time she spent with Dante, the more she came out of her shell, and then I was just pissed off at her father. His emotional and verbal abuse of her throughout her entire life made her believe she was less desirable and worth nothing to anyone but him. I saw red every single time she tried to have a conversation with him honestly. Dante saw the real Delaney that was being pushed back into her shell over and over again thanks to her abusive father. I loved the more time Delaney was with Dante, the more she began to see her true value and intelligence. 


Dante and Delaney had pretty amazing chemistry from the beginning. Seriously smoking hot chemistry that will steam up your ereader screen for sure! I loved they seemed to recognize what the other needed in a relationship, and both lifted the other up and gave real value to each as a person. Dante needed it because of how he was raised within the mafia family, and Delaney because of her manipulative father.


With this being a mafia book, I knew there would be violence, but never expected to be enraged as much as I was. All I can say is Delaney proved over and over again how strong she was and how wrong her father was about her. Delaney and Dante were my favorite characters from this series, I loved every moment of their romantic journey! Erika Wilde knocked it out of the ballpark with this story. Readers were given an amazing romance, with all the feels, as well as a bit of suspense to keep readers on the edge of their seats. Reckless Sinner is the perfect wrap up to this fantastic mafia series. 



Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

 

No comments: