Tuesday, June 16, 2020

ASHER (ASHES AND EMBERS #6)












Title: Asher

Series: Ashes & Embers #6



Author: Carian Cole

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Date: June 3, 2020







Blurb





I should have died.



I should have been
forgotten.



But I didn’t, and I
wasn’t.



Living the life most women only dream about, I was madly in
love with my soulmate—Asher Valentine—amazing husband, loving father, and
rock’s favorite kick-ass front man. A man who loved me every day, in every way,
since we first met as teens. We were blessed with a beautiful
daughter who was the light of our life. My all-female rock band was tearing up
the charts.



Then tragedy struck, and I lost it all.



Now all I have is a stack of journals, an antique key, and a
big black void where my memories should be.



Used to be.



And I have him—this man with wild hair, tattoos from head to
toe, a soft voice, and an even softer touch that gives me butterflies. He’s
clearly hopelessly in love with his wife.



I’m told that’s me.



But that wife is gone, and she took everything they once
had, leaving me in her place.



A broken replacement. A new version that doesn’t quite fit.



I’m slowly falling in love with him, but will he ever truly
love me? Or will he forever be in love
with her, the phantom woman who
haunts us both?















Purchase Links



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Free in Kindle Unlimited














Playlist










Also Available






AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Free in Kindle Unlimited














Author Bio




Carian Cole
has a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped
jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls who try to tame
them and win their hearts.

Born and raised a Jersey girl, Carian now resides in beautiful New Hampshire
with her husband and their multitude of furry pets. She spends most of her time
writing, reading, and vacuuming.





Author Links
















Nikki's Review:

Jesus. I feel like I’ve been rode hard and put up wet. Seriously, this book is all kinds of angsty. My absolute favourite.

This is book 6 in the series, and I feel like I’ve waited a lifetime for Asher’s book. Not really, but I’ve wanted it badly. It was worth the wait. This book has serious heart and grit. It’s not a traditional romance, in my opinion, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t romantic, because it was that...and more. 

Asher’s wife, Ember, has woken up from an 8 year coma with complete memory loss. I mean, can you imagine loving someone so much that  they are the very beat of your heart, and they don’t don’t remember a single moment of your lives together? My heart continually broke for them both. Asher just devastated me.

This was a real journey. I wanted an easy solution to the whole thing. I just wanted Ember to get her memories back, but I appreciate that the author didn’t take the simple way out. From what I’ve gathered, Ms. Cole did a ton of research on traumatic brain injuries and amnesia, and it certainly shows. She put these characters through their paces. She made them work and fight for their healing and happiness. I’m emotionally exhausted, but it was so perfect. 

This was a beautifully written book. I was entranced by Asher and Ember’s love story. I was cheering for them while they got to know one another and fall in love all over again. 

I bet you want to know if Ember ever regains her memories? I’d like to tell you that, but then I’d be depriving you of the chance to walk this path with her and Asher. You’ll have to read it to get that answer. And whatever the outcome, you won’t be sorry you did. 

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)
Review copy provided by publisher

No comments: