Monday, August 13, 2018

A SNOWBOUND SCANDAL

As the snow falls, her touch sets him aflame... "I don't want you to leave." Texas billionaire Chase Ferguson has one regret: leaving Miriam Andrix to protect her from his public life. When a snowstorm strands her in his mountain mansion, their passion reignites, and it's too hot to resist! But reality--and scandal--arrives with the thaw. Chase turned his back on happiness once. Will he fight for what he truly wants this time?

Release Date: August 1, 2018
Harlequin Desire
Dallas Billionaires Club #2
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s review:

I've been anxiously waiting to get my greedy hands on Chase Ferguson's book! I absolutely loved him in the first book, and I couldn't wait to see him shaken up by a woman, and see what's under his serious exterior.

I have to be honest, I struggled a bit with Chase at the beginning of the book. Like I mentioned above, I really liked him in the previous book, but he was more aloof and a wee bit colder then I imagined. I knew there was a reason for this. I mean, Jessica Lemmon isn't capable of writing a crappy hero. I knew by the end of the book that Chase would be my new book boyfriend. 

I love a good second chance at love story. And that's exactly what this book was. Miriam and Chase are stranded in a gorgeous house during a weekend long blizzard. They dance around the elephant in the room...their break up 10 years ago. But the chemistry is still simmering hot! How ever will they occupy themselves? They kept themselves busy...against a wall, on a chair, the floor in front of the fireplace, and I think they entertained themselves in a bed at some point! They certainly kept warm in the blustery weather!

As I suspected, Chase warmed up. Once I could "see" inside his head and heart, I knew why he held back a bit. And just like that, Chase and I were boyfriend and girlfriend ;)

As always, I walk away from a Jessica Lemmon book feeling wrung out and oh so happy! After only a few pages in I was excited about the next book... which doesn't come out until December! That's what Jessica does; Her writing keeps you totally intrigued and invested. I absolutely loved the "Knotting Hill" kinda scene at the end. I had a ridiculous smile on my face while reading it. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this series does not feel like the "typical" bodice ripper, old style Harlequin. It's steamy and decadent. Have I mentioned that Chase is my boyfriend now? 

Rating: 4 Stars (A)

1 comment:

Jessica Lemmon said...

Yay! I'm so thrilled that Chase won you over. 💕