Friday, July 03, 2015

LET IT RIDE (THOMPSON & SONS #3)

He’s her rock in the midst of the storm

When Maggie Ward’s world is torn apart by sudden tragedy, the only thing that makes her days bearable is Clay Thompson’s unwavering presence. He’s protective, caring, and everything she could ask for in a friend. But when she finds herself longing for more than friendship, it will take a little seduction to convince the stubborn mechanic she’s ready to start living again.

She’s his heart, whether he knows it or not

Clay Thompson’s got the taking-care-of-others business down pat, only he’s never faced this particular challenge before—the one woman he’s always wanted is unexpectedly his to care for. Suddenly it’s not just responsibility driving him, but a wild desire to make Maggie truly his. But following his heart might mean sacrificing the family he’s held together for years.

Release Date: May 19, 2015
Thompson & Sons #3 Rocky Mountain House #10
Review copy provided by author

I'm a huge fan of Vivian Arend and absolutely love her Thompson & Sons and Rocky Mountain House series. I was really excited to finally get Clay Thompson's story.

I enjoyed Let It Ride very much. I have to say it was tough to read Maggie and Clay's loss when Maggie's husband Cameron dies. Cameron was the love of Maggie's life and Clay's best friend. I have to admit this book made me cry a few times. I knew Clay had always been attracted to Maggie and knew he would never act on that attraction if he didn't know Maggie wanted him in return.

I loved that Maggie was the one to make the first move. Honestly Clay and Maggie becoming a couple worked for me better because Maggie was the one to make that first move. I worried how their friends and family would react to their relationship, and knew there would be someone who wouldn't agree with them moving on together. I have to say it still broke my heart who and how the person approached Clay about the situation.

While Let It Ride started out sad, it ended up being a wonderful emotion filled romance. I’m a fan of reading books in a series in order, but do feel like you could read Let It Ride as a stand-alone and not be too lost in the series.



No comments: