Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Cowgirls Don't Cry (Red Dirt Royalty)

The wealthiest of enemies may seduce the ranch right out from under her! 

Cassidy Morgan wasn't raised a crybaby. So when her father dies and leaves the family ranch vulnerable to takeover by an Okie gazillionaire with a grudge, she doesn't shed a tear—she fights back. 

But Chance Barron, the son of said gazillionaire, is a too-sexy adversary. In fact, it isn't until Cassidy falls head over heels for the sexy cowboy-hat-wearing attorney that she even finds out he's the enemy. Now she needs a plucky plan to save her birthright. But Chance has another trick up his sleeve, putting family loyalties—and passion—to the ultimate test.

Harlequin Desire
Red Dirt Royalty Book #1
Digital Release 1/1/15
Print Release 1/6/15

I was lucky enough to get a review copy from Harlequin through NetGalley. I've been a fan of Silver James for years and was super excited to get a chance to read her very first Harlequin Desire early.

Let me just say that Ms. James had me crying within the first chapter and had me laughing very soon after. I loved Cassidy Morgan from the very beginning. She is a strong, feisty and spunky character. Cassidy and Chance actually meet for the first time in Chicago, right as she discovers her father has passed away. Chance Barron is son of the mega-gazillionaire Cyrus Barron and is really put between a rock and a hard place when dealing with Cassie thanks to his father's vendetta against Cassidy's father.

I really loved Chance. I think he should have been honest with Cassie a bit sooner, but knew his heart was really in the right place, so I gave him a pass. I loved the chemistry between Chance and Cassie from the very beginning. I really felt like Chance helped Cassie finally see how strong she really was. I felt her strength from the beginning, but her determination and grit really didn't come out until after she met Chance.

Cowgirls Don't Cry is the first book in the Red Dirt Royalty series and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the stories in this series. I'm hoping with all my heart that Cyrus Barron gets his in each and every story, as he is the perfect villain you love to hate. Well done Ms. James.

About Silver James:

Hello. I’m Silver James and I write romance novels filled with magic and mystery! I’m a proud member of the Oklahoma Outlaws – the wonderful ladies of Oklahoma Romance Writers Association, RWA, the RWA Kiss of Death (Mystery and Thriller) chapter, and International Thriller Writers. I’ve been married to my best friend, who also happens to an attorney, for thirty years. Our wonderful daughter (The Only) is a museum studies honors graduate with her Masters in Museum Studies, a love she came by honestly from her dad and me both. She’s gainfully employed as a corporate historian and happily married to my favorite son-in-law, affectionately known around these parts as Baseball Boy, who has his Masters in Museum Studies. If you need a museum educator or history teacher/baseball coach, call me! Especially since these two present me with my very first grandchild, the Magic Bean Sprout. :D
Over the course of my lifetime, I’ve been a military officer’s wife, state appellate court marshal, airport rescue firefighter and forensic fire photographer, crime analyst, and technical crime scene investigator. I’ve since retired from the “real world” and live in Oklahoma. I spend my days at the computer with my two Newfoundland dogs, the “lolcat” who rules us all, and myriad characters all clamoring for attention. Eventually, I’ll get around to telling each of their stories.

Buy Links:  Amazon Kindle | Amazon | B&N/Nook | iTunes 


No comments: