Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Undercover Professor


Undercover Professor is the debut release from author December Gephart. The publisher is Carina Press and the official release date was November 19, 2012. From the author’s website.~

Rule Number One: Must not lie.
Rule Number Two: Must not live with parents.
Rule Number Three: Must have a job.
Rule Number Four: Must not be a friend's ex.

These dating rules shouldn't be hard for Lucy Benoit to follow—after all, she made them. But she didn't plan on falling for Andy Sullivan, a scruffy-yet-attractive man who lives with his mother and is between jobs. These should be deal-breakers, but in other ways Andy is just her type. And there's something intriguing about him…

Andy isn't the geeky gamer he claims to be—not by a long shot. But what seemed like a harmless social experiment has put his chances of a relationship with Lucy at risk. Even if she can get past the silly rules she has set for herself, will she ever forgive him for breaking Rule Number One?

December Gephart is a new-to-me author. When I read about Undercover Professor on NetGalley, I knew I had to give her books a try.

I really liked both Andy and Lucy in this story. Andy is really Dr. Drew Sullivan working undercover to find out more about women in the gaming community for an article he is writing. He has come home to take care of his mother and has to use an alias since his name is so well know in the gaming world. The attraction between Andy and Lucy is sizzling from the moment they meet. I was cheering for them as a couple from the very beginning. I really only had one issue with the story. I thought Andy should have told Lucy who he really was before he left town to go to Comic Con. I know his publicist didn’t want him to let anyone know, but he knew it would hurt Lucy once the truth came out and I’m not sure I could be as forgiving in the long run as she was. Taking that out of the mix, I really enjoyed the author’s writing style and I loved the romance between Andy and Lucy.


No comments: