Thursday, August 09, 2012

Blade Song


Blade Song is the first book in the Colbana Files series from author J.C. Daniels. From the author’s website.~

Kit Colbana--half breed, assassin, thief, jack of all trades--has a new job: track down the missing ward of one of the local alpha shapeshifters. It should be a piece of cake .So why is she so nervous? It probably has something to do with the insanity that happens when you deal with shifters--especially sexy ones who come bearing promises of easy jobs and easier money. Or maybe it's all the other missing kids that Kit discovers while working the case, or the way her gut keeps screaming she's gotten in over her head. Or maybe it's because if she fails--she's dead .If she can stay just one step ahead, she should be okay. Maybe she'll even live long to collect her fee...

I was lucky enough to get a copy from NetGalley of Blade Song and since J.C. Daniels is also Shiloh Walker, I was over the moon to read it. I’m a huge fan of Shiloh Walker and will read and devour anything she writes.

I absolutely loved everything about Blade Song! It is fast-paced and has some pretty amazing characters. Kit and her blade are two of my favorite characters in the book. Yes, I totally believe Kit’s sword is a character in its own right. It speaks to Kit and can come to her when she needs it. I didn’t really trust vampire Jude Whittier from early on, but still really liked his character. I loved the alpha-ness of cat shifter Damon Lee from the moment he showed up to hire Kit to help find his alpha’s missing nephew. I liked that Kit and Damon rubbed each other the wrong way at first, but could tell as they came to trust one another more, the sexual tension was there all along.

 Loved the supernatural world created filled with witches, shifter, vampires and half breeds. I have to say part of the story I loved best of all was I was off I didn’t figure out who was taking the missing kids until the actual reveal. I usually figure out the bad guy early in a story, but with Blade Song I was kept guessing until the very end. The development of the romance between Kit and Damon moved at the right pace for me. While they didn’t seem to really get along at first, I could see even when they each complained about the other; the attraction was there between them.

Blade Song is a great start to a new series for J.C. Daniels. I’m already counting down the days until the release of Night Blade, book two in the Colbana Files. I'm including buy links for Blade Song for both Amazon and B&N. Trust me you want to read this series!

No comments: