Tuesday, May 22, 2018

HOW TO TEMPT AN EARL (THE RAVEN CLUB #1)

London society is cruel for a young woman whose father is an avid gambler. Miss Grace Ashton is not one to stand idly by while her family becomes destitute. Donning a mask, she slips into the night and attends the infamous Raven Club to confront the proprietor. But nothing prepares her for the sinfully attractive and wealthy Ian Swift.

Ian is intrigued when Grace walks into his gambling club but refuses her offer of a few jewels to pay her father’s large debts. Unbeknownst to anyone, Ian has inherited the Earldom of Castleton, and he must reluctantly take his place in Society. But Ian’s manners as a gentleman have suffered. He needs a tutor, and he knows the exquisite lady standing before him is the answer.

But soon tutoring turns to flirting, which unfortunately lands both of them in...marriage? 

Release Date: May 14, 2018
Entangled Publishing, LLC
The Raven Club #1
Historical Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's review:

How to Tempt an Earl was the second book I've read from Tina Gabrielle. I enjoyed the first book I read from her and have to say the second was every bit as wonderful. 

Let me just say I loved Grace Ashton and Ian Swift from the moment we met them both. I love that Grace is such a strong person she has no issue going to a gambling house to yell at the owner for letting her father continue to gamble. She also is smart she takes a secret job doing accounting work to help keep her family afloat. I love when we get a really smart and strong heroine, and Grace was both. Ian was such a rogue when we first met him, yet there was something about him that just pulled me to him. His story with his father about broke my heart, yet I knew there was way more to him than he let most people see. I loved that he cared so much for his family and even though he would rather do anything else on earth, he stepped up and accepted being an Earl to take care of his mother and sisters.

I felt a connection between Grace and Ian from the moment they first met. While they really seemed at odds much of the time, I loved their chemistry only grew stronger the more time they spent together. I also loved that Grace saw more to Ian than others pretty much from the beginning, yet still had to be told so much to see the complete man. I have to say watching Ian and Grace fall in love gave me all the feels. They really seemed to just complete one another, even when they didn't agree with each other. I think the fact that Ian had so much respect for how Grace did anything in her power to take care of her family made me fall in love with him just a little bit. 

How to Tempt an Earlwas a wonderful romance and I think fans of historical romances will fall in love with this story. There were so many other characters we met in this book I loved along with the hero and heroine, and I hope we get each of their books in the future.


Rating: 4 Stars (B)

No comments: