Monday, June 13, 2016

BAREFOOT AT SUNSET (BAREFOOT BAY TIMELESS #1)

When widower Mark Solomon arrives in Barefoot Bay for his 30th high school reunion, he’s not quite prepared for the onslaught of memories or the attention from interested single women who’ve gathered for the annual event on the beach. He’s ready to ditch the whole thing and resume his life as an adventure-seeking world traveler until he discovers a woman sobbing on his doorstep…and has an idea.

By her own admission, advertising copywriter Emma DeWitt is jaded, jilted, and jobless, but she goes over the edge when she learns that the resort villa that was supposed to be the site of her romantic honeymoon is occupied by a single man. But when the sexy silver fox whose staying in the villa surprises her with an irresistible offer to pose as his fake fiancée, Emma sees a way to have her week in paradise and begin healing her broken heart.

Release Date: June 12, 2016
South Street Publishing
Barefoot Bay Timeless #1
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:


I loved that Mark not only fell in love with his high school girlfriend, he still loved her years after she passed away. I grew up in a small town so totally got the whole concern from Mark that everyone would still bring up him and Julia at their reunion. I also loved that Mark still talked to Julia and listened to her advice all those years later. I also absolutely loved that Mark wanted to help Emma out as soon as he met her.

Emma is such a fun and strong character. I love that even though she had been jilted by her fiancée and lost her job, she still went to Barefoot Bay for her honeymoon. I loved that Mark and Emma connected so well from the very first moment they met. Yes Mark is one of those heroes who takes cares of everyone, but they also had an amazing attraction from the very beginning. I loved they didn't really rush into anything to quickly. Yes they were pretending to be engaged to one another, but they talked and connected on every single level. 

I loved watching Mark and Emma fall for one another. They had absolutely amazing chemistry together and I loved them as a couple. I didn't love that Mark didn't share when he learned more about Emma's ex, but understood he wanted to protect Emma. I have to admit that as Mark and Emma grew closer to each other, I loved them more and more as a couple. 

Roxanne St. Claire pulled every single emotion possible out of me while reading Barefoot at Sunset. I went from laughing out loud at times to crying like a baby at other times. I love a book that makes me feel so many different emotions. Ms. St. Claire gave me hope for second chance romance with Mark and Emma. I absolutely adored everything about Barefoot at Sunset and am anxiously awaiting the next 2 books in the Barefoot Bay Timeless series. 

5 Stars (A)

Buy Links:

Books:

AMAZON PRINT:
AMAZON KINDLE

KOBO

Barnes & Noble

GOOGLE PLAY

No comments: