Tuesday, February 16, 2016

BAREFOOT WITH A BAD BOY (BAREFOOT BAY UNDERCOVER #3)

A man who trusts no one is forced to believe the unbelievable...

For years, former spy Gabriel Rossi has been secretly searching for CIA linguist Isadora Winter, a woman he loved and lost long ago. But recently, he learned of her untimely death in an accident...and death of her son named Gabe. Angry, hurt, and uncertain of his next move, Gabe is stunned when a woman he's never met approaches him on the beach and claims to be Isadora. She doesn't look, act, or talk like his beloved Isa, but she knows things about their past that only a lover could know, and she assures him that his son is alive as well. As much as he wants to believe her and knows that in the spy world, anything is possible, doubts and distrust plague him. Still, he sees glimmers of the woman he once knew shine through and she begins to melt his hardened heart.

A woman who is tortured by emotions must endure the pain of love...

Lila Wickham has been working deep undercover for so long that sometimes she's forgotten who she really is. Now that her assignment is over and the surgeries she endured left her utterly changed, she is determined to fix the broken life she left behind and assure that her little boy is safe. With lingering threats from an unknown source and blinding headaches that torment her whenever she feels deep emotion, she seeks Gabe Rossi for help and protection. But instead of setting her up with a new undercover identity, he insists on luring her nemesis to Barefoot Bay so he can end the threat to Lila and her son once and for all.

Can they survive the worst betrayal of all?

Even if they succeed in drawing out the killer who has Lila in his sights, a much more serious threat hovers over them...a treacherous, deadly truth that could not only destroy their love but end their lives as well. 

Release Date: February 16, 2016
South Street Publishing
Barefoot Bay Undercover #3, Barefoot Bay #14
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

There are times when you meet a secondary character in a book and you just want to know more about that character. Gabriel Rossi is that character for me from Roxanne St. Claire. I've wanted Gabe's story from the first time he appeared on the page back in the Guardian Angelinos series. I'm one of those readers who always wanted to know more about Gabe and wanted him to find happiness. Well, Gabriel Rossi fans, Roxanne St. Claire not only gave us Gabe's book, she gave us the perfect book for Gabe.

I'll admit I struggle writing this review. I loved Barefoot with a Bad Boy so much I honestly just want to tell everyone to trust me and go buy and read the book. Seriously, Roxanne St. Claire hit it out of the ballpark with this book. The romantic suspense elements were perfect and the romance made me swoon a few times. Add in Gabe's bad-boy presence and a kick-ass heroine in Isadora/Lila, and I just loved every single minute of this book.

I try to avoid talking about spoilers in my reviews as much as possible, so I'm going to be a vague as possible with my favorite parts of this book. I absolutely loved every single minute Gabriel Rossi was on the page. Whether he was in Mr. Spy mode or trying to keep his language clean around Poppy and Rafe, he was the Gabe I've always loved. I also loved his interactions with Isadora/Lila so very much. The chemistry between the two was so strong and only grew stronger the more time they were back together. The emotional connection was so strong that just being around Gabe effected Lila in a major way that usually only happened when she was around her son Rafe. The banter between Uncle Nino and Poppy makes me smile every single time they are on the page together. I absolutely adore both characters and love the friendship that has developed thanks to Gabe having them both under his wing.

I love a romantic suspense story that keeps me guessing until the very end and will say with all honesty, I did not see the bad guy coming. I had in my mind who it was from somewhat early on, and overlooked the signs of the read bad guy. While I hated the bad guy was able to step between Gabe and Isadora/Lila for a bit, I love the genius way it was accomplished. 

Barefoot with a Bad Boy gave me the story I'd been waiting for when it came to getting Gabriel Rossi's full story and his chance at a Happily Ever After. Thank you Rocki for not only being true to one of your reader's favorite characters ever, but going above and beyond to make his story perfect.

BUY LINKS:

No comments: