Saturday, October 03, 2015

FALLING FOR DANGER (CAPITAL CONFESSIONS #3)

The author of Flirting with Scandal presents her third book in a sexy contemporary romance series about three sisters in a powerful political family, the scandals that threaten to destroy them, and the passion that drives them…

Kate Reynolds has just graduated from college and is determined to make it on her own. Her job as a junior political analyst at the CIA is a dream come true and the perfect opportunity to find answers about the night that’s plagued her for four years—the night she lost her fiancĂ©, Matt, on a Special Forces mission in Afghanistan. Kate’s consumed with uncovering the truth and avenging the man she loved and lost, even if it means risking her own life to prove that his death wasn’t an accident.

When she gets too close to discovering what happened that fateful night and danger arrives on her doorstep, Kate’s stunned by the man who comes to her rescue. Together, they begin to dig for the truth, fighting to stay alive as they’re dragged down into a world of secrets and lies. But when the threat hits close to home, Kate must choose between vengeance and a future with the man who’s ignited a fire inside her that she thought died long ago.

Release Date: September 15, 2015
Intermix
Capital Confessions #3
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I really enjoyed the first two books in the Capital Confessions series and was so excited we would finally get Kate's story. I will say I was a little hesitant about Kate after her actions in Flirting with Scandal, but I started Falling for Danger with an open mind.

I'll say straight off, I didn't love Falling for Danger as much as I loved the first 2 books in the series. I honestly felt like I was working to read it at times. I loved the chemistry between Kate and Matt, but didn't enjoy the subterfuge of hiding out and trying to prove Kate's dad and Matt's dad were behind everything that had happened. I had a hard time buying into the fact that a parent would put their child in danger intentionally. Of course, neither father is really your normal parent in my opinion.

I loved the re-connection between Kate and Matt from the very beginning. They really did almost pick up right where they left off 4 years ago. I had no problems getting how protective they were of one another and how strong their attraction was after 4 years. I also loved that we got to see Kate with Blair and Jackie and absolutely love how the 3 sisters have become their very own family. I think part of the reason I enjoy this series as much as I do is because of the connection between the sisters.


I will say I felt like the wrap up of the story was a bit abrupt. I knew they would have to move fast in the end, but almost felt like the ending was too fast.  While Falling for Danger wasn't my favorite book in the Capital Confessions series, it does did wrap up the series and let us see each of the Reynolds’ sisters find their perfect partner and their very own version of a happily ever after. I look forward to reading more books from the author in the future.

No comments: