Friday, October 16, 2015

BAREFOOT WITH A STRANGER (BAREFOOT BAY UNDERCOVER #2)

Francesca Rossi might be the youngest in a long line of badass siblings, but this computer whiz would rather hack a database than pack a pistol for the family business in Barefoot Bay.  When an assignment forces her out of her comfort zone and into the field, Chessie decides to amp up the excitement quotient and has her first one night stand with a sexy stranger she’ll never see again.

Former CIA agent Malcolm Harris is fresh out of prison for a crime he didn’t commit, and knows the government is watching his every move, waiting for him to slip up.  But the only mistake he makes is to assume the sexy, sassy woman he seduces on the way to Barefoot Bay is a spy.  He learns too late that the beauty he’s bedded is really his best friend’s sister…and his undercover partner on a risky mission.

Chessie and Mal have to stay one step ahead of the CIA, navigate their way through a perilous country, and fight the insane chemistry that sizzles between them.  It doesn’t take long for this hacker and spy to discover the power of their unplanned partnership…and learn that falling in love might be the riskiest business of all.

Release Date: October 16, 2015
Barefoot Bay Undercover #2
South Street Publishing
Review copy provided by publisher

I've said over and over again I'm a huge fan of Roxanne St. Claire. I found her books when she started her Bullet Catchers series, so her romantic suspense books have always been my first love. I'm so glad we are getting new romantic suspense books with the Barefoot Bay Undercover books from Roxanne St. Claire!

I absolutely loved Barefoot with a Stranger from the first page to the very last page. I've loved Francesca Rossi (Chessie) since we met her in the Guardian Angelinos books, and loved her pairing with Malcolm Harris, who just happens to be her brother Gabe's best friend. I loved Chessie and Mal had no idea who the other was when they first met and loved their smoking-hot chemistry together. Seriously loved Chessie's chance for a one-night stand was with a super hot ex-spy. I also loved when Malcolm said Francesca, as in my head it was in a super hot, super sexy voice.

I honestly expected Gabe to explode when he found out about Chessie and Mal. I mean hello, this is his baby sister, even if she is 30 now. I loved that both Mal and Chessie stood up not only for being together, but being the right team to go to Cuba to take care of business for Gabe. I love me some Gabe and absolutely loved watching him realize his baby sister was no longer a baby, but a woman with her own goals and ideas for her life. Chessie and Mal were an awesome team and work well together to complete their mission while in Cuba. Their chemistry as a couple only grew stronger the more time they spent together and I completely fell for Mal and Chessie as a couple. I loved how hard they worked to find Gabe's child that he never knew existed. As Mal and Chessie worked together to find Gabe's child, they ended up having to go all over Cuba and even back to Gitmo where Chessie worked hard to clear Mal's name and Mal was able to locate a secret message for Gabe.

I honestly felt every single emotion possible while reading Barefoot with a Stranger. I was laughing one minute and crying another. Roxanne St. Claire gave her fans another winner with Barefoot with a Stranger. Her romantic suspense chops are as awesome as ever, and I'm so excited for the next book in the series. For readers who loved the Guardian Angelinos books, we are finally getting GABE ROSSI'S BOOK!!! Barefoot with a Bad Boy is Gabe's book and the end of Barefoot with a Stranger set up Gabe's book perfectly. Thank you Rocki for another awesome story!

Buy Links:




No comments: