Thursday, February 19, 2015

EDGED BLADE

In the year since her life was torn apart, Kit Colbana has slowly rebuilt herself. There’s a promise of hope in the relationship with the alpha of the local shapeshifters and she no longer comes screaming into wakefulness. Life’s not perfect but then again, when was it ever?

When her best friend Justin comes to her for help, there’s little question as to what her answer will be. Witches are disappearing and Justin won’t rest until he has answers. Soon, they learn that it’s not just witches who’ve gone missing, but vampires and shifters, too.

Unlikely alliances are forged as Kit and Justin found themselves drawn into a twisted web of lies and betrayal. As the clock counts down and the culprit behind recent disappearances is revealed, those Kit loves the most become the target of somebody who will kill to protect an ugly secret.

Release Date February 3, 2015
Shiloh Walker, Inc.
Colbana Files #4

I'm a huge fan of the Colbana Files books from J.C. Daniels. I was so excited to get a chance to read Edged Blade early, as I couldn't wait to see what happened next with Kit.

I have to say that Edged Blade was a tough read for me. While I loved the time we got to spend with Kit and Damon, and even Kit and Justin, I never really connected with the rest of the story. I honestly felt like this book was a little all over the place. I can understand setting the series up for future events, and I'm guessing that is what was going on with the case Justin convinced Kit to work with him on. However, there was so much jumping around with the story and the locations I felt like my head was spinning at times and I had to go back and re-read parts to make sure I understood what had just happened.


Edged Blade cannot be read as a stand-alone book. In fact, if you haven't read the first 3 books in this series, you would be totally lost as to what Kit is recovering from and why she is so different. I've loved all the other books in this series, even when the story made me bawl my eyes out. Edged Blade had much potential, but ended up being just so-so for me. I hope the story arc that started in Edged Blade is explained more in the next book in the series.

No comments: