Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Broken Blade (Colbana Files)

Broken Blade is the newest release in the Colbana Files series from J. C. Daniels. The release date was January 6, 2014. From the back cover.~

Kit Colbana: assassin, thief, investigator extraordinaire. Now broken. She always expected her past to catch up with her but never like this. Haunted by nightmares and stripped of her identity, she’s retreated to Wolf Haven, the no-man’s land where she found refuge years before. But while she might want to hide away from the rest of the world, the rest of the world isn’t taking the hint.

Dragged kicking and screaming back into life, Kit is thrust head-first into an investigation surrounding the theft of an ancient relic…one that she wants nothing to do with. Her instincts tell her it’s a bad idea to just leave the relic lying about, but finding it might be just as bad.

Forced to face her nightmares, she uncovers hidden strength and comes face to face with one of the world’s original monsters.

If she survives the job, she won’t be the same…and neither will those closest to her.

I was super lucky to get a review copy thanks to the author through NetGalley. This is one of my favorite series ever and after reading Blade Song, I needed to read Broken Blade. Let me just say right now, it was awesome!

I'm warning you up front, while I loved this book, it is just as emotional a read as Blade Song was...i.e. have tissues handy or a friend to text you through the tough spots.

Kit Colbana is one of my favorite characters ever. She is way stronger than even she realizes. I get why she was hiding out at the beginning of this book, but was so glad to see glimpses of the Kit I've come to know and love as the story progressed. I'm a romantic at heart, so I want Kit and Damon back together now! I understand Kit needs to heal, recover, and find herself again, but that doesn't keep me from wanting everything to be perfect now. 

There is so much that goes on in this world with each book, I feel as if I will give tons of spoilers away if I say too much. I will say the world building that happens in each book just gets better and better. I love getting to find out something new about at least one character in every single book. Even with Kit not back to fully being herself in this book, I still loved watching her start to fight to come back.


The Kit Colbana series is one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series out at this time...maybe even of all the UF series I read. I can't wait to see where Ms. Daniels takes this series with the next book.

1 comment:

Jen Twimom said...

Yea!! Nice review my book reading buddy! And thanks for pulling me through!