Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Sweetest Thing


The Sweetest Thing is 2nd book in the Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis. From the back cover.~

Two Men Are One Too Many . . . 

Tara has a thousand good reasons not to return to the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington. Yet with her life doing a major crash-and-burn, anywhere away from her unfulfilled dreams and sexy ex-husband will do. As Tara helps her two sisters get their newly renovated inn up and running, she finally has a chance to get things under control and come up with a new plan for her life.

But a certain tanned, green-eyed sailor has his own ideas, such as keeping Tara hot, bothered . . . and in his bed. And when her ex wants Tara back, three is a crowd she can't control-especially when her deepest secret reappears out of the blue. Now Tara must confront her past and discover what she really wants. If she's lucky, she might just find that everything her heart desires is right here in Lucky Harbor.

I’ll say right now, if you haven’t read Simply Irresistible, much of my post will reveal spoilers about Tara and her past. I loved the first book in the Lucky Harbor series, but loved The Sweetest Thing even more.  Tara was the hardest sister to like at first in Simply Irresistible, but as we got to know about her past, I came to like and even understand why she is the way she is.

I loved reading Tara and Ford’s story. I have to say I loved Tara and Ford’s story best of the ones I’ve read so far. I love the history they had together, even if things weren’t great for them for many years. Tara has always had issues with trust, and after what happened to her as a teen, she has even bigger trust issues when it comes to Ford. Ford has loved Tara since they were teenagers. No amount of time or distance has really changed his feelings. Yes he moved on and lived his life, but he still had feelings for Tara the entire time. Ford has an uphill battle to win Tara back and keep her in his life. First her ex-husband Logan shows up wanting her back. Then the daughter they gave up for adoption when they were teens shows up at the Inn wanting to meet her biological parents. The biggest point in his favor is the fact that Tara is still attracted to Ford, even if she isn’t ready to trust him yet.

I loved watching Tara and Ford fall in love all over again. There really was a sweetness about it, yet the sweetness took nothing away from the chemistry between them. I’ve come to expect pretty hot love scenes from Jill Shalvis, and she delivers over and over again with Tara and Ford. Seriously thought my Kindle might just melt from the heat. I’ve loved so many of the heroes from Jill’s books in the past, but have to say that Ford might just be my favorite from this series.

I also really enjoyed the story between Mia, the daughter they gave up for adoption as teens, and Tara and Ford. There wasn’t an instant bond just because they were biologically related. Mia had questions and even some anger until she got to know her parents. I really hope Mia will get her own Lucky Harbor story at some point in the future.

Chloe’s book, Head Over Heels is the next release in the Lucky Harbor series and I’ll post my review of it in the next few days. I’m a huge Jill Shalvis fan and can’t wait for the 3 new books from the Lucky Harbor series that are coming out later this year.

No comments: