Saturday, November 05, 2011

The Christmas Wedding


The Christmas Wedding is the latest release from James Patterson and Richard DiLallo. From the inside cover flap. ~

The tree is decorated, the cookies are baked, and the packages are wrapped, but the biggest celebration this Christmas is Gaby Summerhill's wedding. Since her husband died three years ago, Gaby's four children have drifted apart, each consumed by the turbulence of their own lives. They haven't celebrated Christmas together since their father's death, but when Gaby announces that she's getting married--and that the groom will remain a secret until the wedding day--she may finally be able to bring them home for the holidays.

But the wedding isn't Gaby's only surprise--she has one more gift for her children, and it could change all their lives forever. With deeply affecting characters and the emotional twists of a James Patterson thriller,
The Christmas Wedding is a fresh look at family and the magic of the season.

I borrowed The Christmas Wedding from the library and was lucky enough to get it just a couple of weeks after the release date.  I generally only read The Women’s Murder Club books by James Patterson, but was in the mood for a Christmas story, so I added it to my hold list at the library.

I really enjoyed reading The Christmas Wedding. It is a sweet, fast-paced romance. Gaby send out videos to her four children letting them all know she is getting married on Christmas day. However, the groom won’t be revealed until that time, as she has received 3 marriage proposals. She knows this is the perfect way to get her entire family to come home for the holidays.

As the story progresses, we get to spend time with each of Gaby’s children and their families. I really liked all of Gaby’s children and enjoyed getting to know them better.  I also loved spending time with Gaby’s 3 suitors, Tom Hayden, Jacob Coleman, and Martin Summerhill and her best friend Stacey Lee.

I loved that each of Gaby’s children tried to get her to tell who she was planning on marrying on Christmas day while none of her prospective grooms questioned her.  I have to say I guessed who she would marry way before it was revealed, but it was still so sweet. I also liked the path each of her children took as the story progressed.

I really enjoyed The Christmas Wedding. It is nothing like Patterson’s Women’s Murder Club, but is still a fast and fun read. I absolutely loved Gaby from page one and she only got better as the book progressed. I would love to see a story in the future about more of Gaby’s family.

No comments: