Monday, June 17, 2019

A STORY LIKE OURS (LOVE STORY DUET #2)

In the riveting, powerful conclusion to the Love Story duet, Sam and Lucy discover that sometimes it's not about finding love, it's about saving it.

Even when we were kids, the connection between us was overwhelming. I knew Sam and I were soulmates, destined to be together. Breaking that love would mean breaking us. And for a little while, that happened. I lost the man who had always been my other half.

After too much heartache and too many years apart, we've finally found our way back to each other. But Sam's professional boxing career is getting in the way of our happy ending. I don't know how much longer I can watch him take another crushing punch, knowing each one knocks him closer to danger. He's killing himself. For me. For us. And for one tiny other...

Then the blow comes. It's not the one I thought it would be--fist in glove--but the result is the same. We're on the verge of losing everything we fought for. Everything we sacrificed for.

We thought we paid the price. We thought we had it all.

But what if my love isn't enough to bring Sam back to me?

Release Date: June 18, 2019
Forever Yours
Love Story Duet #2
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

At the end of my review for the first part of this duet, I said that I wasn’t sure where else the story could go. I thought maybe the characters didn’t need more page time, and things could have wrapped up in one book. I was wrong. Really wrong. There was so much more story to tell. 


I think the second part of this duet was even more of an emotional storm than the first part. Lucy and Sam are together. Lucy has decided to grab ahold of what she wants and needs, which is Sam. Yay! I mean, Sam is amazing and I couldn’t help but love him to bits. 


The couple have barely had a chance to find their footing in this new relationship when everything is turned upside down again. There are two major surprises, one that is completely wonderful, and the other is heart wrenchingly tragic. Oy! I snot and bawled through so much of this book. 


I don’t want to give too much away because I think it would be doing the reader a disservice. This book is best felt from a firsthand experience. Just know that Sam and Lucy haven’t necessarily found their HEA yet. They have some pretty big obstacles to overcome. But the one thing that remains constant is their love for each other. 


Robin Huber is a new to me author, and she has quickly become an author that I’ll read from now on. Her writing is superb. She really makes you care about her characters. This was an absolutely amazing duet, and A Story Like Ours, was an outstanding ending. I’m actually going to miss Sam and Lucy. This duet needs to be read in order, starting with A Love Like Yours. Read it!!!
Rating: 5 Stars

No comments: