Wednesday, May 29, 2019

TORIAN (HUNTING HER SERIES)

He's my nemesis.
My tormentor.
A notorious criminal with a smoldering smile to mask the devil hidden beneath.

Conniving. Threatening. Brutal.
He stalks me from the shadows.
Makes me itch to place him behind bars.

But he has an offer I can't refuse.
A major risk with the perfect reward.

I can't let down my guard.
Can't be tempted to trust him.

Not even when I begin to understand his corrupt ways.

Because the only face the devil shows is the one he wants you to see.
And all I’m seeing is hunger. 

Release Date: May 25, 2019
Eden Summers
Hunting Her Series
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Eden Summers is an auto buy for me. I fell in love with her writing a few years ago when I read her Reckless Beat series. If you haven’t read those, do it now! They are amaze balls! I was so excited when she announced that she was writing some new books that were a little different for her. They’re a bit grittier and raw. But make no mistake, they are still fucking delicious!


Torian sits on the other side of the law. He has his own set of rules and moral code that he follows. Anissa is a take no bullshit FBI agent. This is a true enemies to lovers story. But who doesn’t like some hot angry sex?


I was intrigued with Torian when he stepped onto the page in Hunter’s book. I knew he was going to make me question whether or not I could fall for a hero who was more of an anti hero. I fell. I fell damn hard for him. 


Anissa and Torian shouldn’t work as a couple. They are on opposite sides of the law. But holy hell, they had wicked chemistry. As Anissa begins to “see” and understand Torian, things really heat up. Wowza! Eden writes smokin’ hot steamy times! 


This book has a great balance of suspense and romance, with romance being the central focus. This was a very character driven plot, which I absolutely love! And as always with an Eden Summers novel, the writing was nothing short of brilliant. I was pulled into this story from the opening scene at a funeral. You really get a good idea of some of Torian’s internal conflicts in those first few pages. 


This book could be read as a stand alone, but you’d definitely get better feel for some of the secondary characters if you started with Hunter’s book, which is aptly named, Hunter! 

Rating: 4 Stars (A)

No comments: