Monday, February 25, 2019

PASSION & INK (SWEETEST TABOO #2)

Blackballed from my job. 

Moved back to my hometown with my tail between my legs and family issues crushing my back.

Slinging drinks in a dive bar. 

Yes, the past year has been hell. So when a man who’s temptation wrapped in golden skin and sin offers me one night of no-holds barred, dirty sex, I’m all in. I deserve it. 

But now those few unforgettable hours have me facing blackmail from my own father: He'll pay for my mom's medical bills, but only if I never again touch the man who has quickly become my obsession. 

Because the man? My obsession? 

He’s my stepbrother.

Release Date: February 18, 2019
Entangled Publishing, LLC (Scorched)
Sweetest Taboo #2
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

So, I totally thought that Naima couldn’t possibly write a better story than the first book, Sin and Ink, in this series. Sin and Ink was so damn amazing! I mean, I fell hard for the characters in that book, but sweet Baby Jesus, I was wrong. So very fucking wrong! Passion and Ink was everything. Jude Gordon is my book boyfriend. The plot just grabbed ahold of me and wouldn’t let go. I don’t know if either book is better than the other; maybe I love them equally for different reasons. But right now, Jude is a hard hero to beat!

This book starts off with a bang. Right from the get go you get to see the wicked and sexy chemistry between Jude and Cypress. The sexual tension was thick and captivating. I knew these two were going to burn up the pages. Woohoo! 

Like book one, this story was filled with angst. I love angsty romance. Naima brilliantly brought these emotions to life. I could feel the lump in my throat over and over again. I was able to really appreciate the feelings of the characters. 

There are so many reasons that Jude and Cypress believe why they shouldn’t be together. Well, more Cypress. She’s definitely the cynical one in the relationship. It’s a good thing that her heart, and her girly bits, didn’t care about all the “logical” reasons to stay away from him. 

A lot of the story was about trust and forgiveness. How many of us deal with that on a daily basis? Often, those thing aren’t easy to give. I really felt that struggle. The push and pull was ever present. 

I could go on and on about this book. It was that amazing. I don’t want to give too much away, so just do yourself a favour, and read it! Start with the first in the series. You absolutely do not want to miss reading about Knox! I’m so looking forward to reading Simon’s story next! 

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

No comments: