Friday, January 04, 2019

TASTING FIRE (STEELE RIDGE:THE KINGSTONS #2)

Fire in one hand, ashes in the other

Studious tutor Emmy McKay fell in love with Cash Kingston over a biology textbook, never expecting the high school football hero to give her a second thought. But his feelings for her burned just as hot. All too soon, Emmy’s choices destroyed their youthful relationship, reducing it to a pile of ash. Years later, she has landed her dream job as an ER doctor in her hometown. Now it’s time to win back her dream man.

As a firefighter and tactical medic, Cash Kingston is no stranger to white-knuckle situations. But when he learns his beautiful—and brilliant—ex-girlfriend has returned to Steele Ridge, he feels as if he’s standing on the roof of a blazing building. With no escape route in sight. Emmy is the only woman who’s ever had the power to build him up one minute and burn him down the next.

But when someone targets Emmy and they begin to suspect the danger stems from their past relationship, it’s impossible for Cash to stay detached. Will the struggle to untangle a web of half-truths bring them closer together, or will it tear them apart for good? 

Release Date: September 16, 2018
Steele Ridge: The Kingstons #2
Romantic Suspense/Contemporary Romance
Steele Ridge, LLC

Liza's Review:

Tasting Fire is the second book in the Steele Ridge: The Kingstons series. Much like the original Steele Ridge series, Kelsey Browning, Tracey Devlyn, or Adrienne Giordano will write the books in the newest series. Kelsey Browning wrote Tasting Fire. I usually read books in a series in order, but I've jumped around a bit with both the original series and this newest one. While I really believe you can read each book as a stand-alone story, I totally plan to go back and read each of the books I missed so far.

I absolutely adore a reunion romance and add in a bit of suspense and I'm in my happy place. Kelsey Browning did an amazing job with Tasting Fire. Not only did I love both Cash Kingston and Emmy McKay from the moment they each appeared on the page, I could tell even after all the years they had been apart, they still loved each other, even if they weren't willing to admit it in the beginning. I love that both Emmy and Cash are extremely strong individuals. I loved seeing them get to reconnect so quickly thanks to Emmy being the new leader of the tactical team along with being an ER doctor in the local hospital. As Cash thought he was a shoe-in for the position of leader for the team, he is doubly shocked not to get the position, but to discover Emmy is back and the position is hers.

I loved while there was major tension between Emmy and Cash when they first saw each other again, they quickly found a way not only to put the past behind them and work together, but build to so much more. I have to say the mystery of who was targeting Emmy totally threw me. I was so sure it was one individual and was completely blown away to find out who was behind everything. I love when an author can keep me guessing in a romantic suspense book, and Kelsey Browning did an amazing job in Tasting Fire. Add in all the super sexy and amazing chemistry between Emmy and Cash, and Tasting Fire was a winner in my book.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

No comments: