Monday, January 21, 2019

HOT JUSTICE (HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM #14)

She's searching for justice. He's searching for peace. 
What they need is each other. They just don't know it yet...

Dean "Wolf" Garner is the kind of guy who loves hard and leaves fast. From the moment he rescues reporter Haylee Jamison in the Guatemalan jungle, he can't stop thinking about the dark-haired beauty. His life is too complicated for romantic entanglements though--and not even a woman like Haylee can convince him otherwise.  

Haylee wasn't supposed to be in the drug cartel's compound, but she was captured while on a mission of her own: find the trail of fake opioids entering the US and halt the operation. Back home in DC, Haylee can't stop thinking about the gorgeous military operator who rocked her world for one steamy night before leaving. But when she uncovers a conspiracy and finds herself in danger, there's only one man she trusts to keep her safe.

It's easy for Wolf to risk his life to protect Haylee and give her the justice she desires. The hard part is taking a chance and admitting what's in his heart before it's too late. 

Before he loses the best thing that's ever happened to him.

Release Date: January 15, 2019
H.O.T. Publishing, LLC
Hostile Operations Team #14
Military Romance/Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Hot Justice is the newest release in the Hostile Operations Team series from Lynn Raye Harris. Ms. Harris has given her readers another wonderful story with Hot Justice and yet another couple to fall for with Haylee and Wolf (Dean).

Haylee Jamison is on a mission to discover who is behind the fake opioids coming into the US that killed her best friend Nicole. When she is taken hostage along with another group of Americans in a drug compound, she is lucky enough to meet and be rescued Dean "Wolf" Garner and other members of H.O.T. I loved that even when Haylee knew her life was on the line she still fought back and didn't give up her hope for bringing the leader of the cartel to justice for her friend and other addicts like Nicole.

Wolf and Haylee had a pretty instant connection. I think the fact they both had personal reasons for wanting opioids off the street was part of it, but really they just seemed to click from the moment Wolf helped save Haylee. Haylee was a fighter and so strong and I loved that Wolf really saw who she was from the very beginning. The fact they had smoking hot chemistry from the beginning and had a hard time keeping their hands off each other, made me fall for them faster.

Hot Justice was as suspenseful as each of the books in the Hostile Operations Team books. However, I really did find more humor, especially between Haylee and Wolf in this book. I have to say it really made me love their romance a bit more. I love when a really serious story has moments of levity and Hot Justice had several along the way. I have to say, while I knew I didn't trust one particular character early on, I really had no reason other than instinct I guess. How this character acted as the story progressed completely surprised me. I love when an author keeps me guessing and throws in a curveball I'm not expecting...even when I know I should be. 

Hot Justice was a wonderful addition to the Hostile Operations Team series. As always, as soon as I finished reading the newest book, I'm already anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. I highly recommend this book and series to any readers who enjoy hot military heroes with strong suspense elements to the stories.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

No comments: