Tuesday, October 16, 2018

CROSSING HOPE (CROSS CREEK #4)

Marley Rallston would rather be anywhere other than too-small-for-a-map-dot Millhaven, Virginia. But thanks to a heap of debt, what was supposed to be a quick trip to fulfill her mother’s dying wish has turned into an extended stay with the family she never knew she had and the father who never wanted her. To top it off, now she’s being forced to do community service with the town’s biggest bad boy, when all she wants to do is make enough cash to get out of Dodge? Life can’t get much worse. 

The only thing Greyson Whittaker cares about is his family’s farm. He’ll do anything to keep Whittaker Hollow in the black, including live up to his rough, tough reputation by running the place by himself, no matter the cost. Mandatory community service with the daughter of their biggest rival is the last thing he wants or needs. But the more time Greyson and Marley spend together, the hotter their attraction burns, and the more the unlikely pair begins to realize that forbidden fruit just might taste the sweetest… 

Release Date: October 15, 2018
Kimberly Kincaid Romance
Cross Creek #4
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I won't lie, I wanted Marley Rallston's story as soon as she showed up at Cross Creek. I feel like I might have even sent Ms. Kincaid a message begging for the book as soon as we met Marley. Marley might be my favorite character in the series, which is saying something, as I love her brother’s so much.

Marley has a heart of gold yet hides her true nature with lots of snark and distance. However when she is arrested for shoplifting and must do community service for her crime with none other than the town bad boy Greyson Whittaker, I think we really start to see the real Marley come out.

I honestly just wanted to hug Greyson so many times. I felt like he was unfortunately colored by the actions of his family and honestly has never tried to change the opinion of the town until Marley comes into his life. He had a major chip on his shoulder and really recognized the fact that Marley also had one on her shoulder when it came to her father. I loved that no matter how many time she said she was a Rallston, everyone in town, Greyson included, reminded her that she was a Cross based upon her father and brothers.

I seriously loved Marley and Greyson together. Yes the two families have been at odds for years, but that didn't seem to stop the feelings that developed between Marley and Greyson. They had the most amazing chemistry and each seemed to get the other so well. I've loved watching each of the Cross family members find their own happily ever afters, but there was something extra special about Marley and Greyson for me. I connected with each of them so well and the love and humor in their book just absolutely blew me away. 

Crossing Hope was an amazing ending to the Cross Creek series of books. OMG I loved each and every book in this series and highly recommend reading them in order. However, if you just wanted to start with Crossing Hope you would be completely okay picking it up as a stand alone story. I loved every single moment of this story and loved finally seeing Marley and Greyson finally find the love and home they each had always wanted. Ms. Kincaid absolutely hit it out of the park with Crossing Hope and I can't wait to read more of her stories in the future.

Rating: 5 Stars (B+)

Grab your copy today!

No comments: