Monday, August 27, 2018

WILD HUNGER (HEIRS OF CHICAGOLAND #1)

In the first thrilling installment of Chloe Neill's spinoff to the New York Times bestselling Chicagoland Vampires series, a new vampire will find out just how deep blood ties run.

As the only vampire child ever born, some believed Elisa Sullivan had all the luck. But the magic that helped bring her into the world left her with a dark secret. Shifter Connor Keene, the only son of North American Central Pack Apex Gabriel Keene, is the only one she trusts with it. But she's a vampire and the daughter of a Master and a Sentinel, and he's prince of the Pack and its future king.

When the assassination of a diplomat brings old feuds to the fore again, Elisa and Connor must choose between love and family, between honor and obligation, before Chicago disappears forever.

Release Date: August 14, 2018
Heirs of Chicagoland #1
Berkley Books
Urban Fantasy
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

So the Chicagoland Vampire series might just be one of my favorite series of books I've ever read, even with some of the craziness that occurred. I was so sad to see it end last year, but super excited to find out we would be getting a spin-off to the series with Merit and Ethan's daughter Elisa Sullivan. Wild Hunger was a great start to this spin-off series. While I think readers would be able to understand the world a bit better if they had read the original Chicagoland series, I think the world is set up well enough to jump in if you want to start this series with this book.

I loved meeting the kids of the next generation. Between Elisa, Connor, and Lulu I almost felt like I was back with their parents. OMG Lulu is so much like her mom Mallory and Connor made me think of is dad Gabriel. Elise is so much like Merit and Ethan it made me laugh at times. Much as their parents before them, they really did come together to protect Chicago. 

Wild Hunger pulled me in pretty much from the first page. I never felt like the pacing of the story slowed down, and I loved being back in this world. Yes we had new players now, but I loved we also got to see so many of my favorite characters from the original series. They are all explained along the way, so new readers will have no issue following who they are as they are introduced.

I really enjoyed Wild Hunger and really can't wait to see where Chloe Neill takes this new series. I absolutely adored the action and the mystery in this story and loved the budding romance between Elise and Connor. They had such great chemistry between them and I absolutely loved their banter. I also loved every minute of the friendship between Lulu and Elise and have to say their time on the page together absolutely were some of my favorite parts ever. I loved being back in Chicago with favorite characters and some brand new favorite characters. I highly recommend Wild Hunger to fans of Urban Fantasy books.


Rating: 4 Stars (B)


No comments: