Tuesday, August 21, 2018

RACKED AND STACKED (BLACKTOP COWBOY #9)

Growing up with three older brothers, Larissa "Riss" Thorpe defines the term tomboy--a moniker that never mattered to her until she crossed paths with sexy cowboy playboy, Ike Palmer. His declaration that he prefers his women soft and feminine is the one benefit to becoming his business partner. Since Riss is obviously not his type, there's little chance they'll mix business and pleasure when they're in close quarters on the road together.

Former cattle broker Ike Palmer was ready for a new chapter in his life when he partnered with Riss, a contrary redhead who lords her mechanical abilities over him at every turn. Ike raised his three younger sisters; he knows a thing or three about how women work. The problem is...Riss is unlike any woman he's ever met.

With the odds stacked against them, Riss and Ike will have to choose between the stubbornness that keeps them apart and the fiery attraction that could lead to something more...

Release Date: August 7, 2018
Berkley
A Blacktop Cowboy Novel #9
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Nothing gets me more excited than a brand spanking new Lorelei James book! This book hit the ground running. Larissa (Riss) and Ike have a unique relationship. They start out as "frenemies" with some amazingly funny banter and name calling! I found myself laughing a lot throughout the whole book. Riss is pretty creative in her story telling and cussing. A girl after my own heart! 

When Ike and Larissa end up as roommates, things to start heat up. But it was slow, so damn slow. And here's where my frustration began. I get not hopping into bed right away. I understand letting the lust burn a bit, but holy hell, this was slower than the second coming of Christ. I kept look at the page number on my kindle and thinking that it must be coming any minute now. But still I waited. And waited some more. 

When these two FINALLY hit the sheets it was amazeballs. I think actually released a breath of relief! 

I'm not gonna lie, Riss isn't my favourite Lorelei James heroine. She was a little too flakey for my liking. And sometimes a little too rough around the edges. But like I said, her sassy mouth kept me interested and laughing.

As always in a Lorelei James book, the writing and plot kept me engaged and interested...for the most part. I felt like the ending dragged on a bit more than it needed to. 

While this wasn't my favourite book in this series, it was still crazy entertaining! Ike and Riss have a way of communicating that kept me smiling and anticipating their next conversation. 

Rating: 3 Stars (B)

No comments: