Tuesday, August 14, 2018

BURIED IN BOOKS (BIBLIOPHILE MYSTERY #12)

In the latest in this New York Times bestselling series, matrimony and murder collide as San Francisco book-restoration expert Brooklyn Wainwright walks down the aisle. . .

Brooklyn has done everything she can to prepare for her nuptials with Derek and simply can't wait to start her new life with him. But things don't go as planned when Brooklyn's college frenemies, Heather and Sara, surprise her with a last-minute bridal shower. However, Brooklyn is touched when the women gift her rare copies of The Three Musketeers and The Red Fairy Book.

When one frenemy is found murdered and one of the rare books is deemed a forgery, Brooklyn can't help but wonder if the victim played a part in this fraud or if a murderer is still out there scamming and killing. Wedding jitters, counterfeit books, and a killer on the loose could ruin Brooklyn and Derek's big day. Can they make it down the aisle before more bodies start stacking up?

Release Date: June 26, 2018
Berkley Books/Dreamscape Media 
Bibliophile Mystery #12
Cozy Mystery
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

The Bibliophile books remain some of my favorite cozy mysteries ever. I know I'm in for a treat as soon as I start reading each book and I love I learn a little about history in each new book as well. With Buried in Books, we were finally getting the payoff of Brooklyn and Derek's wedding and it was so worth the wait.

I was pulled into Brooklyn and Derek's world once again from the very first page. I enjoy the mysteries in each story as they aren't overly gory yet keep me wanting to figure everything out before Brooklyn and Derek can. As it is Brooklyn and Derek's wedding week, I of course hoped they could keep the murders away from their happy day, but no way murder isn't going to continue to follow them around.  Sadly just as Brooklyn is reconnecting with 2 best friends from college, she finds Sara dead, which puts Brooklyn in the middle of yet another murder case.

I found Buried in Books to be a very fast-paced read that kept me guessing almost right until the end. I say guessing as I'd figured out part of the puzzle but not everything. I love we got to spend time with so much of Brooklyn's family in this book as well. I seriously have mad love for both Brooklyn's and Derek's parents and when the 2 moms get together; there is nothing but laughter from me. I love the amount of humor mixed in with each book as it keep them from being too dark and the romance between Derek and Brooklyn is always spot on. 

Buried in Books was another winner in the Bibliophile series for me. Twelve books in and I'm still loving the stories and anxiously awaiting each new release. I can't wait to see where Ms. Carlisle takes this series in the future.


Rating: 5 Stars (B+)

No comments: