Wednesday, July 11, 2018

UNTIL THERE WAS US (THE MONTGOMERY BROTHERS #7)

Megan Montgomery has always been the careful type. Except...one time at her cousin's wedding when she threw caution to the wind and had the steamiest hook-up of her life. But that was two years ago— why can't she stop thinking about it? So when Megan accepts a job at her cousin's company, she does everything she can to avoid Alex—knowing he'll shake up her carefully crafted world. 
Alex Rebat's been living a good life. He loves his career and friends, but like Megan, hasn't been able to stop thinking about their passionate encounter. And once Megan moves to town, Alex makes it his personal goal to show her that maybe it's time to start taking a few more risks...
Release Date: May 1, 2018
Sourcebook Casablanca
The Montgomery Brothers #7
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

Until There Was Us was wonderful addition to the Montgomery Brothers series from Samantha Chase. While I’ve missed a few of the books in the Montgomery Brothers series, I’ve been able to pick back up on stories without feeling lost at all. I was so excited to see we were getting Megan’s story with Until There Was Us.

I’ll just say right up front I loved Megan from the moment we met her. She is such a hard worker and has a crazy-strong work ethic. I think part of why I loved Megan so much is because she isn’t your regular heroine. She isn’t super confident in most areas of her life other than her work life. Thanks to stuff from her childhood mostly, she hides her amazing talent for crochet and everything thinks she is buying all the gifts she makes. I loved she was way more happy in yoga pants and sweatshirts than fancy clothes, but when she dresses up she looks every bit as amazing as she did in her yoga pants. I have to say I think Alex really does help Megan come out of her shell and see how amazing she truly is the more time they are together.

Alex Rebat is pretty sigh worthy from the moment we meet him. He honestly could appear almost too perfect at times, yet there is still something about him that gave off a bit of vulnerability too. I loved that while he accepts Megan as the workaholic she is, he also wants to help her step outside her comfort zone by exploring new things. It was almost like Alex knew what limits he had, as he never seemed to push Megan too far outside her comfort zone. I also love that he and Megan shared so much with each other that they didn’t share with others. Megan trusted Alex with her love of her hobby even before she told any of her family members, even those she talked to about everything. I just fell in love with Megan and Alex as a couple the more time they spent together. 

I honestly worried because of how everything ended between them after the wedding hookup; they might have issues getting past it. However, they had such a connection and such amazing chemistry, I felt like the more time the spent together the more I knew they would fight to be together. I love when I read a romance and fall in love with the couple, and with Alex and Megan, I fell in love with them as much as they fell in love with each other. 

Until There Was Us was an emotion filled romance that pulled me in and made me want more. I find myself falling more and more in love with the various family members in Samantha Chase’s books with each new story I read. I highly recommend her books to romance readers who love contemporary romances.


Rating: 4 Stars (B)

No comments: