Tuesday, July 31, 2018

DEEP COVER (LOVE OVER DUTY #3)

ARE THEY IN TOO DEEP?

Ex-Navy SEAL Cabe Moss always comes when called to duty―at all costs. Even though the death of his fiancée nearly destroyed him, Cabe won’t let his past interfere with any work that has to get done. When his latest task pushes him to team up with FBI Agent Amy Murray, a fierce beauty with the undercover skills to match, Cabe must admit that, for the first time in years, he wants to do more than just complete their mission together…

Amy was born ready for this assignment, but working side-by-side with the strong, silent, and frustratingly professional Cabe seems to be the biggest challenge of all. But when the sparks begin to fly―and the stakes rise to dangerous heights―the only thing Amy is left worrying about is how she can resist him. Their lives may be in danger, but their hearts hold the biggest risk of all… 

Release Date: July 31, 2018
Love Over Duty #3
St. Martin’s Press
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Oh man, this one may be my favourite in the series! I knew Cabe would bring me to my knees...and I couldn't wait!

Cabe is mourning the death of his fiancée, Jess. He walks through life not fully immersed in it. He's trying to move on, but the thought of it shreds his heart. Until he meets Agent Amy Murray.

Amy is all work and no play. She's an FBI agent with something to prove. But Cabe Moss makes her want to break all her rules and take a risk.

The slow simmer of passion in this book was amazing. It was frustrating at times because I wanted them to get down to the hot and sweaty stuff. But they both needed to tread a bit carefully. Sweet baby Jesus, when Cabe and Amy finally hit the sheets, it took my damn breath away! Cabe has a deliciously filthy mouth. And he uses it for more than whispering sweet nothings. 

I was totally caught up in the undercover mission they were both working on. I felt like I was trying to solve a puzzle by gathering the bits of clues that were thrown my way. As much as I liked that aspect of the story, I appreciated that it didn't take away from the romance.

Every time Scarlett Cole let us "see" inside Cabe's head, my heart both broke and mended. His difficulty keeping Jess in the past and allowing Amy in was so hard to read. I hurt for him. The journey to his heart healing, while sad at times, was beautiful.

I appreciated that Amy wasn't meant to replace Jess, or even erase her from Cabe's memory. She was meant to make Cabe happy again; meant to help him find a new and different happiness with her. 

The chemistry between these two was powerful. They complimented each other well in their careers and personal lives. Cabe had to fight his need to shield her from everything. He knew he couldn't clip her wings when it came to her job. That just made me love him more.

Scarlett Cole never fails to weave an amazing story that grips me from the first page. Her writing is a source of comfort for me. I know I can expect to be fulfilled in every way when I dive into one of the worlds she's created. 

Ya, I really do think that this book is my favourite in the series. But don't get me wrong, I love my men Six and Mac! You need to read their books! You could technically read this book as a stand alone, but don't cheat yourself out of enjoying the first two books. Read them all. In order of course, because my eye twitches when series are read out of order! 

Now I need to beg Scarlett for books for Harley and Lite! 

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Buy Links:

No comments: